“Family affair”
Review of Troia's - CLOSED

Troia's
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving fresh delicious traditional Italian fare in Sedona since 1997! We source organic produce locally whenever available. Many of our menu items can easily be prepared gluten-free if you wish, by substituting the pasta or using gluten-free flour in the preparation, we also have gluten-free pizza dough,and we offer many great vegetarian options. Casual contemporary atmosphere,open exhibtion kitchen. Chef Shawn has been making our Patrons happy for almost 17 years,after Culinary School Shawn was trained in '97 by Sam #1,aka "Pop", who spent 70 years in the business, and whose recipes we proudly still serve!Sam and Rosanne Troia will be here to welcome you almost every evening, and do all we can for you to have a memorable evening. Chef Shawn is always here if we are not ~ Buon Aptitio!
Reviewed October 19, 2014

RECOMMENDED: Pls note this restaurant may be closed or under new ownership.

This is a converted fast food restaurant with a nice but plain interior and open and very clean kitchen. The staff were all quite friendly and with the pending closure, the restaurant was filled with locals with a farewell dinner to the owner couple.

The menu had a nice selection of offerings and we opt'd for butternut squash risotto (nice), eggplant cake (a bit thick on the coating but a nice spicy tomato sauce), salad (nicely set) and a thin crust pizza. With a modest bottle of wine, the bill was a mere $80 for 2 so a good value in otherwise expensive Sedona.

1  Thank roadwarrior30

Reviewed October 6, 2014

I just wanted to let the world know that if they are lucky enough to be able to have dinner at Troia's in the next 17 days it will be an unforgettable experience! I say 17 days because that is how much longer the restaurant will be open, after 18 years the wonderful Owners, Sam and Rosanne Troia, are closing the restaurant and starting a wonderful new chapter of their life. I will miss the food, you just can't get pizza that tastes that flavorful, fresh and robust, anywhere! My Husband and I salivate thinking about what we want to eat there since it is our favorite restaurant in Sedona. He always opts for the Spaghetti Bolognese, he's a "tried and true" kinda guy, I, however can never make up my mind because I love everything on the menu from the Canneloni's which are light yet rich to the Chicken Marsala and Chicken Parmesan to the Dover sole prepared in a way that melts in your mouth. I am thankful to have been able to dine at Troia's countless times over the last 18 years and experience hospitality like none other, I cherish the memories made there and wish nothing but a wonderful retirement to a well deserved couple, Rosanne and Sam Troia. Salute!!!

1  Thank saraphx
Reviewed September 26, 2014

Tried Troia's during stay in Sedona. Menu had nice variety plus several interesting specials. Our meals, tortellini stuffed with lobster and veal Marsala, were excellent; service was superb.

2  Thank Dan P
Reviewed September 15, 2014

We saw this on Trip Advisor and decided to try it. One big room. No privacy. But food was very good. We shared a lasagna, cheesy bread, soup and salad and an Italian beer. It was pricey, but not bad if you are sharing.

1  Thank Donna G
Reviewed September 14, 2014

My wife and I were staying a week in Sedona and decided to try Troia's. They have a nice menu of items. I had the Lasagna with meat sauce and my wife had the Cappellini with meat sauce. We both thought it was the best Italian food we have had in years. We both had ceasar salad and it was very good. The bread that accompained the meal was also delicious. We saw the owners circulating around and were very friendly to all patrons. We would eat here again in a heart beat.

3  Thank greenbean5116