“Sedona Rouge Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto
“Sedona Rouge Stay”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The Sedona Rouge is a nice hotel but their website made the property look much nicer than it was in person. Our rooms were at the front of the hotel so we did not have a view of the mountains at all. We were not impressed with the restaurant "Reds". Service for our two morning breakfasts was slow and disorganized.

The lobby is pretty but the area behind the hotel, leading to the separate spa building, is not very pretty. The spa, however, was excellent. Kelly gave me a massage that was absolutely fantastic--and I get massages regularly.

The rooms were sufficient. The staff was friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations. It's just a very small property on quite a busy street.

I liked it but was just a little disappointed after seeing the website.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the back with a view of the mountains.
1 Thank heregoes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Excellent location. We could walk to several very good restaurants. The Staff was extraordinarily helpful. In fact I left a scarf behind and they found it in and mailed it back to me.

It's even close enough to the hiking trails to walk to the hiking trails. The view is very nice, Although we were on the ground floor so only had a View of the courtyard we still very much enjoyed it and our little patio.

I have nothing negative to say about the Hotel at all.

My only one "complaint" was that we partook of the spa service at the hotel which I thought was reasonably priced. But I'm used to paying a lot more in Washington DC. The spa itself was very nice however my masseuse was not as good as what I'm used to. But I'm used to excellence. She is perfectly good. The spa amenities are outstanding.

One other thing, our flight was out very early the next morning from Phoenix. I needed something from the front desk and there was no one there. Specifically something to clear the snow from the rental car. Yes I said snow!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank C001
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 March 2012

If you want to be by some great restaurants in Sedona, the Sedona Rouge is a great choice.
The in house Reds restaurant is wonderful and Sedona's finest is the Chocola Tree just down the road.
Best waterfall in town and the beds are perfect.

Room Tip: Best rooms face north behind the waterfall. The beautiful red rocks are the view.
2 Thank B G
Minneapolis
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Hotel has everything you need! GREAT restaurant, fitness center, pool, hot tub, spa. They are VERY accomodating! I had dry cleaning and laundry - 2 separate days that were returned to me the SAME day and in PERFECT shape. Staff were very nice, friendly and helpful.

We had a room in the central part of the hotel (outside) that is right next to the waterfall. I surprised that it was barely noticeable once inside the room. We also had a room that faced "the garden view". The view was also surprising! You could make out the mountain in the back, but they truly made the garden view very appealing. You have your own private patio and far enough away from the other rooms to feel like you are in your own little world.

We had a double queen room, very nice beds, great bedding, really nice HD flat screen TV's. Not sure on the room service, we were out all day / night. We did make it to the spa, which I HIGHLY recommend CAROLINE!!!!!!! Want a healer who is practically a physical therapist, holy cow - she was amazing!!! 90 minutes of bliss with essential oils, hot massage stones, and theraputic hands of Caroline and your trip will be all the better.

Hotel is on the WEST END of Sedona! It is about 2-3 miles to Uptown where the majority of the Sedona activity is.

The ONLY downside was the bathroom. Bathroom is impressive, large, luxurious. However, it is not designed very well. There is both a bathtub and a shower. The shower is behind a glass wall and the only way to it is to either step into the bathtub to turn on the water without getting blasted with cold water or to take it and get blasted. Because of the glass wall, water sprayed all over the floor. So... not the best design, but at least you have a choice. :o)
I have to say it absolutely does have very soft water, which is so tantilizing and great for long hair!!! Oh... and because the desert is so dusty and sandy, we showered 2 x a day and there wasn't enough soap. You may need to ask for additional soap. AWESOME smelling lemongrass mint soap. Yum. If you use the tub, you may need to ask them to clean the tub, they never really did while we were there for 4 nights.

All-in-all, I would definitely pick this place again.

Room Tip: If you can get a room in the back of the hotel with a view, it will be very peaceful. I'd have...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lionesslight
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your taking time to note your thoughts and comments.

We are adding glass doors to a number of our showers to improve the issue with water going into the bathroom floor...

If you would email me so that I can verify which room you were in that would be appreciated.

Ed Conway
928 340 5304 and or email
econway@sedonarouge.com
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I have stayed at the Sedona Rouge a total of 4 times now and it remains one of my favorite places to stay anywhere. The staff is always super and the facilities are top notch. Another note is that the other guests at the hotel just always seem to be extra cool. I like sitting in the outdoor jacuzzi and gazing at the mountains or the stars, depending on the time! I always seem to meet really awesome people there in the hot tub! Pretty funny! Its great being able to talk to other travelers about what they've done so far and what they plan to do, and to compare notes. If you are looking for a high-quality hotel with an excellent staff, I really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms in the main building on the first floor, because it's easier to get to the po...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank vegas4locals
Phoenix
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Nice comfortable room - once you get the hang of the a/c control. Great breakfast at "Reds" and terrific massages. We had dinner at the nearby Mesa Grill (Airport Road). Great West Sedona location and very close to Crescent Moon Park.

Laptop available for use in the lobby if you feel you MUST check email, etc.

Great romantic getaway weekend.

Room Tip: Request a room with a mountain view.
1 Thank gpete1
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 March 2012

After losing our beloved Shitzu the weekend before, we made this late February trip to Sedona not only as a time to celebrate my wifes birthday, but also to mourn the loss of our pet, whom we had for 16 years and traveled with us everywhere. Although it was strange to be traveling without our dog, the atmosphere in Sedona and at the resort, was a perfect setting for relaxing and getting out of Phx for the wknd. The resort even brought us a dvd player to enjoy movies in the room!! We enjoyed the comfy rooms with the gorgeous north view and will be coming back again and again to this resort!

Room Tip: book a 3rd floor room with view of mountains
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple