All reviews room was clean grand canyon would stay again stayed nights motel beds balcony amenities phoenix
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stayed here because it's a pet friendly hotel - as we were checking in, we were selecting a room, but realizing we were with a dog, the owner picked the room for us. Obviously this place relegates you to it's less spectacular rooms when you're staying with a pet. Upon opening the door, the door wouldn't open fully and it hit the bed. The room was noticeably dirty, with stained carpets and head marks(?) over the bed. Overall felt somewhat faded and shabby, like it could use a fresh coat of paint, and the furniture was all a little worn. We ended up paying around $100 for the night and it just didn't feel like it was worth it. I'm sure some of the rooms with balconies facing the mountains are better, but if you're traveling with pets, you'll get a dud room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phil7101
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed at the Whitehouse Inn for a few days on my recent trip to Sedona! This is my third time staying at the Whitehouse!

I find the rooms to be clean, comfortable and quiet. Have had a good night's rest each and every time!

The owners are excellent! Very friendly! Willing to offer advise on places to see and things do in the area!

Right next to a pretty good Thai Restaurant and cool Spiritual Bookstore/shop with a GREAT vibe to it!

The Whitehouse Inn is definitely highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We spent 2 nights here and were mainly interested in simple, clean room at a reasonable price. The owner was very nice and provided us with great tips about restaurants and sights in Sedona. The room had nice view of red rocks. If you want aesthetics and fluff, this is not the place for you. There is free Wifi. After a long day of hiking and sightseeing, it was a good choice if you are looking for a less expensive, safe, comfortable place to lay your head.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed for a weekend in May of this year and greatly appreciated the sensible pricing of the rooms in this motel. Granted, the room decor is a little dated. But, the rooms are clean and well-maintained.

Only a few weeks prior, I'd stayed at the Days Inn, Sedona - directly across the street. I was fine with the Days Inn. However, for almost $20 per night less, I received substantially the same level of accommodations at The White House Inn. The differences are that Days Inn has a pool and White House Inn does not. Also, Days Inn has a more varied (albeit standard) breakfast while the White House Inn serves coffee, fruit, and cookies. Given the price difference, you can afford to drive a couple miles down the street and, for a few dollars, get a terrific breakfast at the New Frontiers Marketplace.

One final bit of advice: The best rooms - with the best views - are on the second floor of the building directly behind the office!

Room Tip: As for the second floor rooms - with balcony - in the building behind the office.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed for a week here. The room was very clean and very comfortable! The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple