“Gorgeous, Relatively Easy Hike”
Review of Margs Draw Trail

Reviewed September 22, 2016

The trailhead for this hike was right outside our hotel room, so we thought we'd give it a try. What a treat! You start out with a sharp incline, but it doesn't last long. You quickly level out on a Mesa that is rimmed by stunning rock formations. We came to a fork and went right, which was gorgeous, but I want to go back and try the left side. You can go as far as you like. We went for about an hour and a half with an occasional rise and fall in the trail, but it is mostly level once you are past the initial ascent. Beautiful hike!

1  Thank Nancy B
"creek"
"views"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 31, 2016

This trail was nice, but it wasn't one of my favorites. I liked the Huckaby trail better, which is in the same area. I think it was just that I missed the creek. Otherwise, it was a nice trail. There was a nice view from the top.

Reviewed August 14, 2016

I stayed at the Arabella Hotel which actually has a trail entrance right in back of their property! No need to drive to the trailhead! The trail is great....I took it to Snoopy Rock...then headed the other way and went all the way down to the river....and soaked my tired feet in the cool, running waters! The views are fantastic!

1  Thank retiredteacherAZ
Reviewed April 24, 2016

Not only is this trail absolutely filled with spectacular views, it is easy to get to and there is no charge for parking. On the road from I-17 you will turn right onto Sombart Lane. There is a Circle K on the corner but the sign is small so you might miss it. If you get to the turn circle just before crossing the creek or Schmedly Hill, you have gone to far. At the end of Sombart is a small gravel parking lot to the left. The trail is clearly marked. This is an easy trail except for the first 150-200 feet, which is more like a "stairmaster" at a health club. After 5-10 minutes, you'll find a fork in the trial. Turn left at the fork. Every once in a while, stop and look to your left, your right, behind you...well...just about anywhere. The views are stunning. As you get close to Schmedly Hill Rd., you can even get a glimpse of Snoopy Rock to the right or straight ahead depending on current location. It is a short hike, but take plenty of water. There was almost no shade.

1  Thank Gary G
See more reviews
Reviewed April 24, 2016

This trail is moderate in length and easy to hike. There is a nice mix of red rocks and trees making this trek wonderful. This trail would be good for folks who have aging knees and do not want a whole lot of elevation gain, but want to experience a nice Sedona hike. This trail would be a good one for children too. Although this trail was very easy for my wife and I to do, we would do it again.