“Hidden Casual Jem”

A Taste of Marrakech
Ranked #21 of 210 Restaurants in Sedona
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Description: International All Natural/Organic Healthy Meals with Moroccan Influence
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Well prepared, reasonably priced, causual atmosphere. Our hostess Moriah was terrific. We will return.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

My teenage son and I stopped in for lunch since it boasted great reviews and was just across the parking lot from our hotel. We are vegetarian so we had a subset of the menu to choose from. I had the falafel dish with a side of quinoa/tabbouleh and my son had the daily pasta. The falafel was mushy and more like a chickpea pancake than any falafel I’ve had. The sauce that came with it was bland. Tabbouleh seemed over cooked. While my food was mediocre it was edible which is more than I can say for the pasta dish my son ordered. His pasta sounded great: white wine and olive oil, tomatoes, roasted garlic, and basil. What could go wrong? In one word: SALT, so much as to overwhelm all other possible flavors in the dish. My son who’ll lick the bowl clean when eating pasta couldn’t nearly finish albeit being quite hungry.
I mentioned this to our server who said it couldn’t be made any different because the sauce was already made. We were given a couple dollars off to make up for it.
Three stars for a fantastic view and pleasant server. Food gets one star.

2  Thank Marlene M
Reviewed March 27, 2018

This cute little restaurant was right next door to my hotel. The smells coming out of it were amazing. I'm vegan and there weren't a ton of options in the area. I ordered the veggie kabobs and sweet potato bites, it came quickly and was yummy. Friendly service, outdoor seating option. I'm glad I stopped in.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Tiny restaurant which I believe is open for lunch and then dinner (closed between 3 and 5 pm and also Mondays and Sundays, I think). Great organic, local foods. Brian makes the best gyros, which when accompanied with a starter such as pear and mint salad, is only around $10. Few inside tables and some outside seating.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

The food was good, especially the pear mint salad. I need to find this recipe! Small and crowded inside but go on a nice day so you can eat on the patio. Very close to Bell Rock.

Been to A Taste of Marrakech? Share your experiences!