“BED BUGS!!!!!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Show Low
Durango, Colorado
“BED BUGS!!!!!”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

when we first checked in, I was pleasantly surprised by the large rooms, microwave, fridge and free wi-fi. When I woke in the middle of the night, itchy, I turned on the light and found SEVERAL bugs in my bed. I quickly looked in my 9-yr-old son's bed and found many more. We were there with a group, so I contacted 2 other people staying there, and they had similar experiences that night, one of whom went to the Doctor because of the bites from the bed bugs. THIS IS DISGUSTING AND THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT. Given the awareness of bedbug issues currently, one would think motels would be more obsevervant and proactive regarding prevention and control!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank k r
RyanCBrewer, Owner at Days Inn Show Low, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
I would like to apologize for your bad experience at our hotel. Bed bugs are a very concerning issue that we take very seriously. Other guests bring in bed bugs on their persons and clothes. We train our staff to look for them each time they clean the room. Additionally, we have a strict pest control schedule to help catch any problems before they arise. However, even with all of our precautions bed bugs still hide in places that we can't see. When guests alert us to their presence the room is immediate shut down for two weeks while pest control does their jobs. We follow the companies recommendations which sometimes includes throwing away mattresses and other room furniture. Again I would like to apologize for your experience and would ask that you give us a chance to make this right in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel Oct 1st and 2nd, 2011. The front desk was extremely busy and the gals handled it very well. Debbie Martinez did our check-in and was very personable and professional. This is an older hotel and we found our room to be spacious (1 king size bed) and clean. The bed was comfortable and we had plenty of pillows! Also, the room was very quiet. I believe the hotel was at full capacity with dog show people and their pets plus a large group of motorcyclists. We got 2 free breakfast's at the adjoined JB's---the food was delicious and the service there was great. ALl in all, it was such a nice experience adn we will be staying there again before long.

Marty and Dee Bos
Chandler, AZ

Room Tip: Don't pass up a chance to stay here because you will get a nice room for a good price.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Good check-in and there are lots of shopping and eating choices in the area. This facility consists of 5 separate buildings and the ice machine in my building was not working. The rooms are large and mine came with a fridge and microwave. The free wifi was fast and the TV had a choice of 58 channels. You are unable to control the HVAC in individual rooms. All in all . . . I felt this was a good choice for Show Low.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
NM
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Rooms were average, bed was ok, pillows weren't great. The included hot buffet breakfast was comprehensive but not impressive. It was handy to have a bar upstairs. All of the employees were friendly & helpful. The pool area was attractive & clean.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We visit our grandkids who live near here and we try to see them at least once a month which requires we stay in Show Low at least as often. We have tried to stay at Days Inn as they have free WiFi, Breakfast and other amenities. However, this visit has been the worst we have had. Let's see, bugs in the room, dirty carpet, poor service, no internet and all the front desk can do is just say they are sorry.

Details -- We had flying ants and some other type of hard shell bug in the room which required some midnight exterminating. At daylight, there was no sign of anything.

The carpet, is so dirty wehave to wear our shoes. While it is no where near as bad as I have seen in other hotels, my grandson spilled a drink and when I mopped it up, the towel came up black, so maybe they need to shampoo once in a while.

Internet -- We pretty much live in the internet for our banking, hotel reservations and such. The computer is telling us there is limited or no connectivity and the front desk can only tell us to call the 800 number. I have two different computers and both are not able to hook up, this is not normal.

Oh, and when we went for breakfast, we returned to find our beds stripped and towels gone and all of the rest of our stuff still in the room. Usually the maids wait awhile, make sure and leave your do not disturb sign on if you leave the room.

While the breakfast deal is well worth it, this trip has been a bust for us.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
RyanCBrewer, Owner at Days Inn Show Low, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
I want to apologize for the experience you recently had at our property. We take pride in keeping our property clean and have regular pest control and carpet cleaning services. I'm sorry the internet wasn't working as well as it should have. We have contacted our provider and they have provided some helpful ideas for solving problems at the property level which should be key for any future problems. I will speak with the maids regarding their procedures for guests checking out. We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future. We are really trying to focus on customer care here at Days Inn Show Low.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I recently were in Show Low, AZ for a triathlon. We towed our trailer to stay in the local state park. We were unaware of the recently changed rule of making reservations for the state park. (we stayed last year and it was on a first come first serve basis.) We drove up early to get a spot, only to find out that it was sold out due to the reservations. We went to Days Inn and made contact with the manager, Kira Brewer, who was extremely friendly and accommodating. Kira went above and beyond our expectations and made us feel very welcomed. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. We also received complimentary breakfast every morning. This hotel was even a short walk to the town grocery store. I Want to commend kira brewer and her staff for a job well done. I give this hotel 5 stars and recommend to any and all who are looking for a great hotel in show low.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Bisbee, Arizona
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My husband and I, with our dog and cat, had to pre-evacuate from our cabin in Greer, AZ, which was being threatened by the Wallow Fire. In addition to the fire danger, we had car trouble and had to be towed into Show Low late in the evening. The Days Inn staff went out of their way to accommodate all four of us--our furry children were welcomed. I can't say enough about the care and concern of the manager and all of the staff. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
15.4 km away
Best Western Inn of Pinetop
Best Western Inn of Pinetop
#1 of 14 in Pinetop-Lakeside

Been to Days Inn Show Low? Share your experiences!