“Great food, venue lacking”
Review of Red Bar

Red Bar
Reviewed 7 August 2017

The Red Bar is located in the quiet Grayton Beach community off of beautiful 30A. The Red Bar has been an eclectic, funky staple in the area for many years. The building has an artsy and free spirited vibe. The restaurant offers a very simple menu each night. The crab cakes and penne chicken are incredible dishes garnished with a delicious salad and hot, mouth watering roll. The rating is mediocre due to the facility itself. The building holds a pungent smell that seems to be from years of alcohol soaking into the wood floor. The tables are cleaned with a bleach smelling spray that when mixed with the wet smell is nauseating. Again, the food is great, but the building needs some attention. Go early as wait times can be lengthy. A shuttle runs from the parking lot at the four way stop to the front door of the restaurant as parking is limited.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

The good ol Red Bar. It is one of our "go to " places in the area. Always a fave. The grouper with grit cake is absolutely delicious. My teenagers love the panne chicken. Bring cash as they do not accept credit or checks. They do have an ATM on site just in case you forget. Very limited menu so dont expect a huge variety. Very loud place but fun atmosphere. Live music. Great bar. Good beach vobe. Always crowded. Expect long wait times during peak hours.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This was my 4th trip to the Red Bar over the years and I wanted to bring my boys 9 and 7 with us to see it. I loved the free shuttle they now offer bc the area to park is so limited with spaces and they stay pretty busy for dinner! Neat atmosphere, as expected, but once we were seated I felt rushed to eat and leave. Our food came out too fast to have been freshly cooked. For the price, I would expect a little more effort in the food being there is a tiny menu of choices for a meal (maybe 5/6 options).
Just an FYI, they only except cash or checks!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Decided to try out Red Bar after so many great reviews. I hate to say it but we just were not impressed. The food was just OK. For the price and the hype we expected more but instead left a little disappointed. The atmosphere is neat, loud and crowded, but neat. Very eclectic! We can say we've been, but don't plan on visiting again.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

There is so much to take in when you walk in the first time. The Red Bar is really red inside so that's neat. The decor is pretty incredible and my almost two year old loved it. Went for lunch. Just a few gluten free options.