“Year-round Delight”
Review of Garden Canyon

Garden Canyon
More attraction details
Owner description: Flycatchers, quail and woodpeckers are found in this canyon.
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I am feeling a bit torn about telling people how great this place is. The first time I went in early spring with a group - we were the only people in the canyon. I've been dozens of times since and seen only two other hikers, lots of wildlife and magnificent plants including madrone and wildflowers so plenty I could not begin to name them all.

2  Thank maryjoyrenfro
"miles"
"hike"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed May 21, 2017

One can bird by car and stop at the picnic areas of you can get out and walk the top part.. very slowly sloping wide road or you can hike the really steep and rocky Sheelite trail. Lots of wildflowers and many habitat zones. We added 30 birds to our list including the Elegant Trogan which we heard calling in several places and it did a fly by! Exciting but lots of other great birds to see as well.

1  Thank LaurettaYoung
Reviewed March 30, 2017

I used the map that is on this TripAdvisor site and the location is all wrong. It shows Garden Canyon being on Lyle Canyon Rd. which is waaay west of the correct location.
Anyway, it was a neat drive and we ended up going to Parker Canyon Lake...(another review)
Next time I will go down Garden Canyon Rd.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

This is a great place to actually see trees and flowers in the desert. The natural water gives a greater variety of plants and wildlife than down on the valley floors, with ample opportunity to see birds, especially hummingbirds. A very relaxing day destination with hiking good for the whole family.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 17, 2017

We almost didn't get to Garden Canyon on our trip to SV, but finally made it there in the last week. You must have a guest pass to get on the Ft. Huachuca grounds, but after that you can wonder around at your will. The drive out to the end of the road is about 10 miles and it's breathtaking. Lots of good trails but we enjoyed the petroglyphs the most! Wonderful and I recommend you climb up to see them, especially the first ones you come to. I use a cane and I was able to go to both sites. Just a lovely place, so peaceful. I'm sure in warmer weather the birding is wonderful, too.

1  Thank jaf1944