All reviews free laundry stove top full kitchen a great place to stay fort huachuca property microwave tombstone gym ihg furniture housekeeping amenities
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

What a great 2 night stay. The most comfortable bed I have slept on. Very quiet, and very clean. I would say not kid friendly because no pool. But very business adult friendly with a full kitchen in every room. Candlewood Suites is my go to hotel from now on.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We are frequent travelers and this was one of the best hotels we have stayed in! The rooms have been recently remodeled and were great! We loved the BBQ & Pool area, great for families and there is a pretty good view too! The staff was amazing and the amenities are even better! Candlewood Suites may be our new IHG favorite!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2018

This was a great place to stay. Clean, helpful staff, great beds. Everything was great. Location was a plus. Had a full refrigerator, stove top, microwave, coffee pot including coffee. Wineries close by, Bisbee was a fun town to visit.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2018

Most folks think a Candlewood Suites is the lower end of IHG. It is not, rather Candlweood Suites cater to a different guest, those that have extended stays. I was last at this property in SEP 2007 for five weeks when it had just opened. These properties typically have a large spacious bathroom and a kitchenette. This is an interior entrace property (just in case there are Candlewood Suites that have exterior).

They recently did a massive upgrade to all rooms. First let me say the beds are just awesome. If you are tired, you will find the beds here firm but soft and stable, not ones that sometimes move a bit. I would say just the beds alone that provide for sound and restful sleep make the stay worth it.

The kitchenette provides all you need to cook, wash dishes and a micro to nuke your left overs.

Bathroom is spacious, lots of hot water and just so much room to move around. As you get older, more room has become more important to me as it gives a greater sense of comfort.

All furniture is brand new, so is the TV and AC also appears to be new and very quiet.

The staff is marvelous. the front desk at the time I walked in was manned by a wonderful lady who remembered me from 2007. She made me feel like I had come home. Her initials M.B. and goes out of her way to ensure your initial experience is awesome. It was nice to chat with her and we both remembered how it was in 2007 and how this property has gotten even better. Hotel staff in particular the housekeeping wonderful, cheerful and quick to take care of your room when you are out visiting.

They have a nice little gym with a treadmill and three other cardio equipment, weights amongst other things that are fun to use. Inside the gym is a FREE laundry center. You just supply the detergent/fabric softener sheets.

Next to the property you have a restaurant as well as a convenience store for dinning and things you might need for your stay. South, just a block away is a nice mall and the property is only a few minutes away from Fort Huachuca, AZ, Tombstone and Bisbee as well as Kartchners caverns.

As a retiree, chose to property for the positive memories I had and have been reinforced by the improvements done to the property. I plan to come back many more times and recommend.

Room tip: West side from Great view of mountains
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2018

I am a vet and this hotel has a contract to house solders while they are trained at near by Fort Huachuca. I donated a flag about a year age to be put up in the lobby. For the solders to pass under as they went on duty. The property recently changed senior management. The Flag was lost and no one not even the new CEO, or maintenance man knows where the flag went. The service was poor on our last visit but the desk clerk was nice. I sent a negative review asking for a phone response and never got one. And the post was screened out and never posted,

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Thank you for your delayed review. Our business contracts are proprietary information. As for your flag which you apparently donated to our previous management we are not allowed by Brand Standard to display it in our lobby. We do however fly the United States Flag proudly in our parking lot. We welcome you to come back and enjoy our newly renovated property.