All reviewsfront deskbunk bedswestern themecinnamon rollsusual hiegreat hotelpancake machinein towncandlewood suiteshome basestaff was friendlyvisit familybreakfast roomthe hotel is cleancomplimentary breakfasteasy chairroom was large
Reviewed July 9, 2010

After spending the day in Tombstone, AZ we headed south on our way to Bisbee, AZ. We checked with TripAdvisor and decided to stay in Sierra Vista, AZ for the night! My daughter read the reviews and picked a good one. Rooms were standard size but very nice. Price was under $100 using AAA card. Breakfast was nice The only issue we had was that there wasn't "wireless internet" access, however, they will loan you a wire to connect. Still a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1902manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our Express here in Sierra Vista. I'm glad that overall you had a good experience and enjoyed our local shopping.
The good news is we now offer wireless internet!! We hope you'll return to enjoy our lovely city, the shopping and take advantage of our new wireless convenience!

Reviewed April 17, 2010

Traveled to Sierra Vista on Business. Stayed at Holiday Inn Express. Great Hotel, Delicious Breakfast and attentive staff. Worthy of a repeat visit.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2010

I wouldn't give this hotel one star. I complained several times to the front desk regarding the noise from the children in the suite above me. On my last night I was told if the noise was bothering me that I had to move rooms, after I had already been there for 2 nights. When the front desk and manager could not come up with a better solution, I contacted Customer Relations from my room. They informed me that the guest above me were being moved.

About 30 minutes later, my ACTIVE DUTY husband and I decided to run and get some food. On our way out we were stopped by the manager who informed us that the police were on their way. The manager claims, that I asked for the police to come. I never did. After explaining the situation in front of the police officers, I was informed by the manager, that she no longer wanted me as a guest in "her" hotel, and asked me to leave at 10:00pm. I asked why, and she explained that this was private property, and that I have to go. I was then escorted to my room by the officers, like I was a criminal. They stood there and waited on us to pack up. My husband had clothes in the wash. With a police escort he got his wet clothes put them in a plastic bag and we were escorted out. They even took our info to place a Do Not Trespass against us.

Every hotel in the surrounding area was sold out. We ended up driving to Tucson, at 11pm to check into a different hotel, paid twice the stay, and still had to get up and drive to Phoenix for a 5am flight.

All in all this hotel is NOT MILITARY friendly, and as a black woman, I felt that they would have never kicked a white family out in the middle of the night. Did I mention I had a dog with me? I wouldn't stay here if my life depended on it.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank armysweet
Reviewed February 26, 2010

we were in town for a funeral and all of our out of town family stayed there. it was nice. we enjoyed our stay

Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2009

The Holiday Inn Express was (is) an acceptable property, and I would stay there again if (and that's a big IF) I ever go back to Sierra Vista. The night manager was exceptional; on-the-ball she provided me with my Priority Club points and two (2) bottles of water. The rooms are adequate, but remind me of a Super 8--thin walls, cheap looking fixtures, and my bedside lights were inoperable. In-room internet must be accessed through a Cat-5 cable, but there is supposedly free internet in common areas. Breakfast was hot and adequate. Coffee urns were available in breezeway near lobby. Unfortunately, I left my Sonicare toothbrush behind in the room. Despite contacting the hotel, and they promised to send the brush to me, I have yet to receive it. That's nothing more than a small irritant. I would be willing to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business