“Beautiful Meal”
Review of Mulan

Mulan
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Birkenhead
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

All four of us absolutely enjoyed our meals, Curry isn’t often my first choice but Mum’s Curry suited me perfectly. We all decided to order extras roti, it was that good. Service was excellent!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have not been here for a couple of years. So many good choices in Highbury but this place is better than I remember. Staff were very personable. I can only recommend Mulan.

1  Thank Nigel R
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I have been here before and really enjoyed the food. I had the banana prawns and they were tough and dry. I think that they had been cooked and then frozen and reheated. Not juicy and soft as prawns should be.
My friend had fish of the day and that seemed fine. My coconut rice was fine and the wine list was fine. Very noisy which I already new so opted to sit in the window seats. The menu I had 2 years ago was far superior.
I won't be going back. Some of these reviews don't make sense. Maybe they're friends.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Was so impressed by this restaurant. We’ve recently moved to the area and couldn’t be happier to have this place on our doorstep. The staff were extremely friendly and the food was exceptional. We had the pork buns to share which were fab and then I had the vegetable Dahl curry which was one of the best I’ve had. My husband had the beef and he also went as far to say one of the best curry’s he’s ever tasted. Yes the decor could be improved slightly but at the end of the day as long as the foods good it doesn’t really matter! We will definitely be going back a lot!

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I accept that Valentine’s Day is a busy time for restaurants and the service was very slow, which by itself wouldn’t have prompted me to give a poor review. However when I discovered a metal screw in my curry, apparently from a rice cooker too close to the curry, the enjoyment of the night was gone.
The restaurant apologised and to be fair the curry, apart from the screw, was very tasty.
This is not the Mulan experience we have enjoyed previously.