See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I rented here out of desperation sight unseen for an extended stay business trip. I was told I had an elevator in my building for ease of move in to a 3rd floor unit at this "resort condominium community". My options were to carry a carload of belongings up 3 flights of rickety outdoor stairs or walk 0.3 miles per load to the elevator in which someone had been relieving themselves.

My apartment was filthy, pathetically furnished, and the carpet has numerous burn holes and bare spots and appears to be the original carpet laid back in 1987 when it opened. I refused to take off my socks for fear of contracting a flesh eating fungus. I literally felt dirty just being "home" and developed a skin rash (my cats started projectile vomiting) within the first 24 hours of arrival. I was told it was the only unit available and it turned out was on the end of the complex nearest a very busy 6 lane road. The road noise was so loud and non stop that relaxing with the window (I only had one) open was not an option as I could not hear music or the TV. I am including a picture of said TV and the lavishly furnished living room in this dump. From the look and behavior of my neighbors, I assumed that I was stuck out on the wrong side of the complex where the undesirables were placed.

By day 2 I found hundreds of ants swarming my cats food and water bowls in the kitchen and almost vomited out of disgust.

My balcony had a view of the dumpster, a parking lot and the tall barbed wire fence that encompassed the compound and instead of tile or concrete had a rotting, tattered carpeted floor that I dared not touch with a ten foot pole. This place truly felt like living in the inner city projects. Perhaps if, and only if, I were a fugitive on the run I would consider staying here.

I renegotiated my contract with my company to include an alternate housing arrangement and got out as fast as humanly possible.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank TravelNurse338
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We were having some storm damage repairs/termite control done to our home in Surprise, AZ and were looking for an inexpensive/furnished place to rent for just a month. We found this place online that was right down Bell Rd and the price was right. The old saying is you get what you pay for and this place truly typified that statement.

Right from the start as we moved in we noticed the kind of place this is. First off the elevator (3 floors) had a urine smell to it. Out apartment (#334) had a very bad stench to it and it was hard to breathe. The furniture was dated and dirty. There was actually a burn mark from an iron in the carpet. The bathroom was filthy and dated. We spent the first few hours actually cleaning the place and washing the walls so we could breathe. When we first arrived we asked the building manager for another place but they were full (The economy was really bad at that time) The bed was extremely uncomfortable and the kitchen items were dirty as well. There were also broken outlets in the bedroom as well. They had a lot of plastic flower arrangements throughout the apt and they too were dusty. We actually took them and put them on the balcony for the duration of our stay.

The neighbors are a questionable bunch of characters some of whom look like welfare recipients. The only fortunate thing about our stay was that we were on a quieter side of this establishment. This place looks nice from the outside but believe me inside it's a different story. Should we ever have to take up temporary residence anywhere, I will shell out more money next time and stay at an Embassy Suites.

Stay away from this place. It's really falling apart. Finally when we left the place it was like leaving a third world country.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Coder
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Why didn't I check this out on Trip Advisor first.... When we first arrived sent to condo that smelled terible, saw the kitchen and we were out of there and back at the desk asking for a different room. Next one no smell but still not very clean and now one room double bed other 2 singles. Had been told would be 2 doubles, John at the desk who runs the place "lady I can't give you perfection" Pots and pans should have been thrown out. We went out and bought our own. Plus cooking utensils were filthy. Bought those as well.
The last night we were there 4 policeman 2 with assault rifles show up to check out some sort of disturbance in the condo next to us. The reaction at the front desk when I told them "oh that's not one of the condos we rent". They had a pat answer for eveything, never an apology . Please don't ever stay there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank travelandredwine
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Moving truck was stolen the first night there. We were told they had security cameras, they even post that they do. You can see them. They did NOT tell us the police (who FREQUENT this place, check with Surprise Police Dept) have been asking them for years to fix the cameras.

Got out as quickly as possible (found another rental). It was also smelly, old & dirty furnishings, broken appliances.

This place should be shut down!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank lynnstigator
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We rented a one-bedroom unit for a week at a very reasonable price. The unit itself was ok; everything worked fine but the big issue was noise through very 'thin' walls. If you're not a light sleeper you'll do fine. We had to keep the HVAC fan on all night so we would not hear tvs and talking from another unit all night. Yes, ALL night. For a week. It could be we were next to the one person that needed to have the tv on all night for some reason. It wasn't real loud and not like a party going on, but just enough to keep you awake. The place could use some paint, and the furniture was well worn, but you get what you pay for.

The management was very friendly and helpful and the location great as we were looking at property in Sun City West. Next time we go to SCW we'll pay more for a different place, but hopefully be able to sleep better.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple