See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2014

In November 2013 we booked a unit for the month of March 2014. We were shocked when we arrived, the place was filthy, in poor repair, no kitchen items to use, mold in bathroom, stains and burns in carpets, mattress was filthy and stained and no mattress pad. Owner John Caldamone was rude, unprofessional, and seriously misrepresents this place on the website. Told me I was wasting his time when I complained and asked to have something cleaned, repaired or replaced. On check out day (4/1/14) he stated he would refund $250.00 and if the previous tenant had even one minor complaint he would refund us $500.00. He ended up sending me da $1.00 bill with a note stating he wasn't going to refund anything else because of what I had written in a complaint to the Arizona BBB, giving him a copy. Also advised he does not respond to BBB complaints, that he's a legal beagle, and has tons of money so he can get with his attorney if I choose to pursue legal action. We could not move out and rent somewhere else as nothing was available in the area that was halfway reasonably priced, and we booked this dump 4 months in advance. DON'T RENT HERE!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Linda S
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We are living here since many months and we love here ,we have no problem

Many people wrote bad reviews ,but there are two units The Springs and The Cliffs ,and they have nothing in common ,the Cliffs seems to be very different ,many people complain about it and moved to the Springs which is quiet ,clean ,and the HOA is really good ,with a nice pool

For the price it is great here :-)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank soleilsun255
Reviewed September 11, 2013

we had a last minute emergency and happened to pass by the complex. Their prices are very reasonable. better prices than a motel/Hotel. The front office staff is very polite and understandable. I also loved that they are bilingual, because my grandfather speaks mostly Spanish and he was able to get all his questions answered.

Room Tip: Springs grounds are more clean and Cliffs have more light in the room ( outside light ) but both sides ( rooms ) are very nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank amelie d
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I rented here out of desperation sight unseen for an extended stay business trip. I was told I had an elevator in my building for ease of move in to a 3rd floor unit at this "resort condominium community". My options were to carry a carload of belongings up 3 flights of rickety outdoor stairs or walk 0.3 miles per load to the elevator in which someone had been relieving themselves.

My apartment was filthy, pathetically furnished, and the carpet has numerous burn holes and bare spots and appears to be the original carpet laid back in 1987 when it opened. I refused to take off my socks for fear of contracting a flesh eating fungus. I literally felt dirty just being "home" and developed a skin rash (my cats started projectile vomiting) within the first 24 hours of arrival. I was told it was the only unit available and it turned out was on the end of the complex nearest a very busy 6 lane road. The road noise was so loud and non stop that relaxing with the window (I only had one) open was not an option as I could not hear music or the TV. I am including a picture of said TV and the lavishly furnished living room in this dump. From the look and behavior of my neighbors, I assumed that I was stuck out on the wrong side of the complex where the undesirables were placed.

By day 2 I found hundreds of ants swarming my cats food and water bowls in the kitchen and almost vomited out of disgust.

My balcony had a view of the dumpster, a parking lot and the tall barbed wire fence that encompassed the compound and instead of tile or concrete had a rotting, tattered carpeted floor that I dared not touch with a ten foot pole. This place truly felt like living in the inner city projects. Perhaps if, and only if, I were a fugitive on the run I would consider staying here.

I renegotiated my contract with my company to include an alternate housing arrangement and got out as fast as humanly possible.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank TravelNurse338
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We were having some storm damage repairs/termite control done to our home in Surprise, AZ and were looking for an inexpensive/furnished place to rent for just a month. We found this place online that was right down Bell Rd and the price was right. The old saying is you get what you pay for and this place truly typified that statement.

Right from the start as we moved in we noticed the kind of place this is. First off the elevator (3 floors) had a urine smell to it. Out apartment (#334) had a very bad stench to it and it was hard to breathe. The furniture was dated and dirty. There was actually a burn mark from an iron in the carpet. The bathroom was filthy and dated. We spent the first few hours actually cleaning the place and washing the walls so we could breathe. When we first arrived we asked the building manager for another place but they were full (The economy was really bad at that time) The bed was extremely uncomfortable and the kitchen items were dirty as well. There were also broken outlets in the bedroom as well. They had a lot of plastic flower arrangements throughout the apt and they too were dusty. We actually took them and put them on the balcony for the duration of our stay.

The neighbors are a questionable bunch of characters some of whom look like welfare recipients. The only fortunate thing about our stay was that we were on a quieter side of this establishment. This place looks nice from the outside but believe me inside it's a different story. Should we ever have to take up temporary residence anywhere, I will shell out more money next time and stay at an Embassy Suites.

Stay away from this place. It's really falling apart. Finally when we left the place it was like leaving a third world country.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple