All reviews record player ironing room video games ping pong welcome cocktail pinball machines cool lobby naan pac man corn hole hipster hotel great concept fun hotel the check in desk free cocktail biking distance younger crowd
Reviewed June 3, 2018

Was really trying to give this hotel a try! It looked cool. I get in to Phoenix late tonight and have been trying to make a reservation for a 2-3 night stay while I look for a place here in Tempe and I can't even get on the phone long enough to make the reservation before I am hung-up on! It's happened 3 times already. I get placed on hold and the line just goes dead. I always have this luck with hotels and idk if it's me or what but that's just not good customer service from where i'm from. Going to try and continue to give this hotel another try but if I am not able to make a dang reservation I might just give up and go to another hotel. Get it together!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Julio O, General Manager at MOXY Phoenix Tempe/ASU Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear valued guest,

My apology for your frustrations. I certainly, understand how you feel and we offer no excuse for not being able to meet your expectation. We have addressed the technical issues we experienced during that day and taken action in order to prevent similar situation from happening again.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Love the ambiance.
So much fun...you won’t need to leave. Ping pong, swimming pool, arcade games, board games, pool...all complementary!
Complementary ‘drink of the day’ at check in is a nice touch. After reading some of the reviews, I was not surprised to find the check in desk as part of the bar. Morning coffee is included and breakfast is available for sale. It was great to sit in the lobby in the morning drinking coffee and playing pinball and foosball.
Beds are comfortable although room was a bit small. I think we got the lesser room cause we booked through a third party. Our room did not resemble the pictures...no guitar, record player or square toilet :(
Cons...poor lighting in the rooms, bathroom mirror gets steamed up and there’s nowhere to get ready, put on makeup etc because the lighting in the room is so bad. No dresser/drawers (which is a bummer ‘cause I like to unpack), no closet. Without drawers or a closet and four people in a room, it’s looking like a luggage bomb went off! The amenities could use some TLC. The ping pong paddles are extremely worn. The lounging beds around the pool are threadbare in spots. The pool floaties are torn and losing air. Housekeeping services are every-other day...although you can ask for more.

Everyone has been very friendly and helpful! We’ll stay here again...I’m sure of it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Upon check-in I felt no friendly customer service. I got a room on the fourth floor. I was far away from everyone. I felt this was on purpose. The lighting in the room isn’t that good. The light bulbs are very dim. There is no mini fridge or coffee maker in the room. I noticed a cockroach on the floor. I went down stairs and got another room from a girl who rolled her eyes at me. I went to my new room and the keys didn’t work. Even the engineer couldn’t get my keys to work. I called Expedia and explained my situation and got a refund. I checked out of the hotel and went to Aloft Tempe. If you haven’t been I highly recommend!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Julio O, General Manager at MOXY Phoenix Tempe/ASU Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Dear valued guest,

Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectation regarding your recent stay. We have shared your experience with our crew and have taken appropriate action. We value your feedback and will use your experience as a training tool to further improve our service and product to exceed your expectation. Please , give us another chance and try us again whenever you visit Tempe.

Thank you.

Sincerely ,

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Our wedding party booked a bunch of rooms here for my daughters wedding night. Upon returning to the hotel (about 10:30pm) we saw and huge group of guys and girls that looked like prostitutes walking through the parking lot. The stench of marijuana was incredible. As we finally parked and went inside this large frat like party was going on in a room near the breakfast area. They were openly smoking pot and the girls were hanging at the bar trying to get guests to buy them drinks. Several people in our party complained to the night manager and security and got little response from them.
They acted as though their hands were tied. We had families with kids, grandparents with us and it was a horrible scene. We were embarrassed that this is the hotel we chose for our kids on the wedding night.
Someone mentioned this happens every weekend. That next day several calls to management were made with no resolution or response from them.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Miryam G
Julio O, General Manager at MOXY Phoenix Tempe/ASU Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Dear valued guest,

Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us and we value your comment. We have since then have revised our policy and procedure to further improve guest experience at our hotel. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comment.

Give us another chance, we would like to make it right by you. Thank you.

Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay at this quirky really friendly hotel just a few minutes cab ride from the center of Tempe. The staff where very friendly helpful and welcoming the rooms where nice and look forward to my next stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful comment. Looking forward to your next visit.