All reviewswxyz barbliss productsfood arearooms are smallbusiness tripbusiness travelerfront desk staffarizona statesky harbor airportlate checkperfect locationone night staybed was comfortablechecking outasu campusparking lotphx airport
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Stayed here for several nights. Location is busy but close to freeways and food! Hotel is dirty. Floors have stains, headboards look like an animal tried to claw through them. Actual room is not cleaned well-dirty marks on the door in the bathroom, spots on the counter and shower, the bench has food stains on it. Beds are very hard-not comfortable. Floors throughout the hotel have dirt all over them-looks like they never vacuum.

Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank amy h
KaraDeNardo-GM, General Manager at Aloft Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Dear Amy

Thank you for your feedback, as feedback is a gift. We will review your message with our Talent. We are scheduled for a renovation this summer and would like to invite you back to experience the new product. When your travels bring you back to Arizona, kindly let us know!

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

The Aloft Tempe initially caught my eye I when I was looking to book a hotel in Tempe because it was more updated and modern then other hotels... no one want 1980's decor at 2018 rate$.

The staff was friendly and professional from check-in to check-out. The staff acknowledged my SPG status and offered me some additional amenities.

The rooms were clean and uber modern. The room did have a very strong odorizer/glade spitzer somewhere in the room, but I couldn't find it.
***Pro tip: If strong scents/colognes/perfumes bother you, definitely contact the front desk.

I would definitely stay at the Aloft Tempe if traveling to Tempe!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank _Vit-B10
KaraDeNardo-GM, General Manager at Aloft Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Greetings Vit

Thank you for your five star review! We appreciate your accolades about our Friendly Talent. We also appreciate your SPG loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Kara DeNardo

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

I want to emphasize that the staff are lovely. Really and truly. But this is just...a dive, honestly. Supposedly new, my room has what appears to be a bloodstain on the floor, the walls are scuffed and have paint drips at random spots and the wallpaper is peeling off in the corners. The heater smells like it's burning. My shower takes about seven minutes to get warm water. Not enough space to hang clothes and forget hanging anything long (which sucks for a business traveler with suits). The hairdryer is on its last legs. The gym is a joke-two treadmills, one of which is broken. Carpet is coming off in strings making it hazardous. Two dirty yoga mats. Weight equipment is minimal. The pool is small and doesn't look clean. I could go on. And this is over $200 a night. Really disappointing. And I'm writing this with two more nights to go, considering finding another place and checking out. Took some pics from the room, will add sad gym later. Sigh.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
KaraDeNardo-GM, General Manager at Aloft Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Greetings Javacat

Thank you for your feedback! We agree, our Talent is spectacular. Because of feedback like yours, we have scheduled a renovation that will be completed later this year. When your travels bring you back to Tempe, I invite you to connect with me directly to secure your next reservation to ensure a stay better than home.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

Decent hotel for a business trip. The front desk was friendly, room was clean and was fairly updated. My room was on the 2nd floor - different layout than most hotels. the only thing I didn't like about the layout was that the only place to watch TV was from the bed.

Breakfast is available at a cost - it's supposed to be 'grab and go' but all that was available when I went were omelettes which is hard to really grab and go.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
KaraDeNardo-GM, General Manager at Aloft Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2018

Greetings MDWMN

Thank you for your Four Star Review! We appreciate and agree with your accolades of our friendly front desk. Regarding the "Grab and Go" breakfast, we are in transition and have a fresh new option with Breakfast Pots that will be a delicious, cooked-to-order breakfast in a cup. When your travels bring you back, we would love to provide a complimentary breakfast and get your feedback!

Reviewed February 18, 2018

Our Arizona vacation was winding down and the Aloft Tempe was the perfect location to spend the last night of our vacation. A minute off the 202 it was quick and easy to get to. Speaking of location, Saturday morning it was a quick 8 minutes to Sky Harbor Airport with a Starbucks conveniently located across the street. Check-in with Bri was a pleasure to have someone friendly and upbeat compared to the arrogant attitude we experienced earlier in the week. The modern architecture was a good change of pace from the cracker box hotel. With the convenience of Wxyz in the lobby, we enjoyed a Moscow mule and a local brew recommended by the bartender, who just happens to be majoring in Drones at ASU. Is there even such a drone major or is one beer too many for me? In the room the bed was comfortable, the wifi had good strength and easy to connect, and good coffee and free bottle of water. Next time we stay we are hoping to have more time to take advantage of the abundant trails on both sides of the Salt river. We’ve heard great things about Tempe Town Lake which is right across the river. For the Rock n Roll Arizona marathon the Aloft would be the perfect location within walking distance from the finish line. Did I mention we loved the location?

Room Tip: Nice views of salt river and Phoenix from higher stories
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
KaraDeNardo-GM, General Manager at Aloft Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Dear Moss-Wi

Thank you for your feedback! We agree, Bri is fabulous and our location is ideal and convenient. With ASU being one of the largest universities in the country, no major surprises us. Tempe is located in an area of innovation. We look forward to welcome you back the next time you're in Arizona to take advantage of the hiking, biking and running trails.

Kara DeNardo, CP