“Not very nice”

Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Tampa
“Not very nice”
Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

Not a very nice place. Outside entrances, noisy AC, soft spots in the floor. The room seemed clean, but I wouldn't stay here again

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank g046689
tempe_hampton_andrew, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Let me assure you it is our intention to maintain the highest levels of quality and service at our property. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality.

Pilar Spresser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
NJ
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I took a mini vacation away from the kids and were looking for a decent hotel that was not too expensive and not to far from the action of a downtown. This was the perfect place. The staff was pleasant, the rooms were clean (and trust me...I am a stickler for a clean room as I inspect everything), and the free breakfast was great with many options. You do need to take a taxi or drive to Downtown Tempe but it is only a few minutes away. I would definately come back and bring the kiddies too!

Room Tip: Highly Recommend
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. We hope to see you again soon!

Orlando, FL
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I have been staying at this property 2-3 times per year for the last 3 years while my son attended graduate school at ASU. We stayed there again last week when we were there for graduation. It's a great place. Comfortable, clean, room, pleasant staff, and nice exterior spaces. Always enough parking. VERY conveniently located to ASU, Scottsdale, Phoenix, and highways. Breakfast seating is both indoors and on a wonderful covered patio with tables, couches, and tvs. I, too, have used the shuttle, although usually we rent a car. It worked exactly as described by others. Located near Papago Park. The fitness room is tiny. This is a very nice place, and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I have stayed all over the property and don't discern a location advantage.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank AnotherFla.Mom
Thank you for the nice review of our property. All the team members work hard to provide excellent customer service and take pride in our property. I will be sure to share your kind words with them. Thank you for being a loyal guest, we appreciate your business!

General Manger
Willows, California
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed here while attending MLB spring training. I did not know the area and when I read they provided free shuttle service to and from airport AS WELL AS WITHIN 5MILES in surrounding area I took a gamble and booked a room and did not rent a car. Yes they truely took me anywhere within 5 miles and picked me up! Even better, this service runs 24 hours! Every shuttle driver was very nice and gave suggestions on places to eat, see, and party! The front desk was friendly and very helpful in every request and even printed bus maps for us. Breakfast was fabulous and changed daily. We loved eating outside under the covered breakfast area. The ladies that worked the breakfast area were very nice and always made sure there was variety of food no matter what time we came down for breakfast.(within breakfast hours, of course). The grounds were very clean. I cant wait to go back next year. I will deffinately be staying here again except this time I will stay for a week! Great experience! Only bad is no one else can compare! :-)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
tempe_hampton_andrew, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you for your review of our property! We always strive to provide our guests with a memorable stay and are happy to hear when we have done so. I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of the staff. I am happy to hear you used our shuttle to get around the area. It is a great option for our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have you as a guest again soon!
Kennebunkport, Maine
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We were here for three nights; the room was clean and the breakfast tasty. My only complaint is the noise from the room above us - sounded like they were bowling up there every morning at six AM. We enjoyed the pools and the hot tub. Located near plenty of restaurants.

Room Tip: choose a high floor, not the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
tempe_hampton_andrew, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
drsharonleed,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our pools and hot tub. I would like to apologize for the noisy guest upstairs, and you are right that requesting a upper floor room is the best way to avoid this. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you again.
mammoth lakes, ca.
Reviewed 27 March 2012

exceptional service by friendly staff; good breakfast each a.m.; enjoyed outdoor covered patio with comfortable seating and 2 hd tv's.
Good value and well maintained grounds, pools and jacuzzi.
Exceptional shuttle service w/i 5 mile radius; including baseball games, scottsdale and mill district.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
tempe_hampton_andrew, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix-Tempe, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to spring training all year long. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This is the first "outdoor entrance" hotel I've stayed in for a very long time and it was comfortable for the most part, despite the run down appearance. Light sleepers beware, though, you can hear people coming home at all hours outside. The sounds must carry through the courtyards. It was clean and the bed was comfortable, though the room is very small - we had trouble figuring out where to put the suitcases. You pretty much are forced to use the dressers. Breakfast was fine, though the hot food is some variety of omelets everyday. I was hoping for bacon but over 5 days it never came.

Room Tip: The top floor would be ideal - though we tried to get this and were denied.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple