“Good Value. Nora is a Gem! Avoid #226”

Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Castro Valley, California
“Good Value. Nora is a Gem! Avoid #226”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Nora checked me in. She provided a welcoming and friendly experience.

This is a very basic hotel. Clean. Comfortable bed (have had worse many times in much more expensive hotels). Good TV and reception of basic cable channels. Good lighting.

Was awakened at 12:30 by a massive vibration shaking the whole room (#226). The bed felt like a "vibramassage". It was so extreme to be almost funny (except for loss of sleep!). Turns out that the DRYERS for the linens are in the room below and are horribly out of balance. Walked downstairs and the night staff was very friendly and shut down the dryers without being asked. Evidently they had a problem before, thought it was fixed, and now need to fix them again. I'd avoid #226 and the neighboring rooms on the second floor, along with any neighboring rooms on the first floor

Room Tip: Avoid #226 and adjacent rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Jacksonville, Oregon
Reviewed 3 December 2011

When I called to confirm my reservation, Nora handled the call like this was an upscale boutique or 5 star hotel, even better. She let me know she was with another guest and asked me to hold. She got back to me to let me know she hadn't forgotten me. When I arrived, I watched as she did the same for other callers as she checked me in.

Originally, I was concerned about the type of hotel my company had booked when I saw the rate. I went online and was reassured by the pictures. Nora's service reassured me further. When I noticed the bright colors and cleanliness of the rooms after I arrived, I was pleased. The location is off the freeway and major streets, so my need for quiet was fulfilled. It is far enough from the airport (about 10 minutes to drive if the freeway is flowing) that the planes were not a bother.

I don't take advantage of continental breakfast bars so I didn't miss not having the amenity. There was coffee in the lobby and rooms. Some rooms with the lowest rates don't have refrigerators and microwaves so ask if you need one.

I travel a lot. It was such a pleasure to meet Nora and experience such a commitment to excellence in a low price lodging.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jo Anna S
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Basic accommodations close to the Phoenix airport. Clean rooms and friendly front desk staff. No frills room. Bed was extremely uncomfortable. Also no airport shuttle service. Great value at around $55 though.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Darlington, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 December 2011

The staff was extremely nice and very helpful, especially Cameron. He was very charming, witty and quick to help if needed. Wonderful trip and very relaxing!!! Will stay there again!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Safety Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Comfort, value and warm, friendly service - the perfect prescription for a road-tripper or business traveler! This was our first experience with the Red Roof brand, and after receiving such a wonderful greeting from Nora and enjoying a great night's rest in our clean, comfy, lovely room, we intend to make Red Roof Inns a staple part of our future travel plans!

Nora went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable, that we received the best possible accommodations and even provided us with additional maps/info to help us make the most of our journey through Tucson. Her level of service was that of a business owner (rather than merely an employee) who truly cares about representing her company well and her passion for hospitality and outstanding customer service was comparable to what we have encountered in even the most exclusive hotels. Bravo Nora & Red Roof Inns!!

---Terez Hartmann, President/CEO Allowing Your Success & Beyond!, LLC

Room Tip: Our room, #204, was quiet and very comfortable
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Check in went smoothly in and to room under 15 min. Cameron welcoming, answered all questions, great sense of humor directions for parking and to room good. Amenities ltd, which was fine. Non smoking room was located where requested at time of reservation. If cutting costs want a clean comfy quiet place to stay--stay here. As there are no extras if that is a priority, clean yes, some pebbles + in the bathroom area a redo for vacuuming. Water in shower great pressure, bed clean and comfortable and very very quiet! We checked out before 10 am and only heard one plane, no noise in the halls. Exit with Angelica was smooth, friendly in and out under 5 min. We got what we paid for and reserved!

Room Tip: Third floor away from the elevator and ice machine, mid way down the hall, King Deluxe
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Southcentral Alaska
Reviewed 25 October 2011

After a 1,450-mile road trip throughout the greater part of Arizona, my travel partner and I found ourselves weary and cranky from the unrelenting heat of Phoenix, compliments of a stifling Indian summer. Our spirits were greatly lifted by the bubbly (and competent) desk clerk at Tempe's Red Roof Inn. We noted that the room was unusually spacious, the bathroom sparkling clean. Most importantly, we were giddy to find beds that were far more comfortable than the ones we'd slept on elsewhere in the state. Free WiFi for internet access is acceptable for emailing, Facebooking, and flight checkin- but don't expect to stream a movie on Netflix. Dining and nightlife options aren't readily available in the hotel's district, but there are plenty of restaurants and bars a mere $5 taxi ride away. At first we were disappointed at how far away this self-described 'airport hotel' was from Sky Harbor, but then realized that we received a great night's sleep due to very little noise from the airline jets.

Room Tip: Great rates at hotels.com!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple