“A Nice Stay at Red Roof Inn Tempe”

Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed 5 nights for spring baseball & Bondurant driving school. Nice place to stay on a budget, it s clean inside & outside,rooms are comfortable and modern. Good area, // Beware that the closet restaurant is 1 mile away \\ free Wifi slow sometimes // pet friendly \\ near the freeway & airport. Excellent staff . A nice place to stay and very good value

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelDeFamly
There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Really can not understand why several reviewers had a bad time at this hotel. Often, I feel people have a bad experience because of the attitude that accompanies them when they check in. This Red Roof is excellent and I had a hot deal room rate room. The grounds are beautiful and filled with tall shade trees, grass, and flowers. The inside is definitely upper level economy and the room was terrific. For $7 more than the Motel 6 chain that I love because I travel with a small dog, this hotel is worth the extra.
A bed that does not feel like I am sleeping on a plank, Frangelico scented soap, flat screen tv, coffee maker in the room and in the lobby in the morning along with a free paper.
Location is not a problem as it does not seem to be for the Quality Inn or the Sheraton right next door. No plane or train noises, but the doors do seem to slam noisily in adjoining rooms.

your dog stays free and will love rolling in the grass and running around the lawn expanse. The neighborhood is upscale and there are plenty of food choices within a mile.

The only drawbacks were the rusty drains and the usually baseboards and caulking in the bathroom. Not bad, just needs a little attention. Nice small pool outside. Absolutely super people at the desk and the morning guy double checked to make sure I really wanted to check out and not stay and relax another day. Called a head of time and was given permission for an early 10:00a.m. check in at no extra charge. Did not use it as I needed to pull over and sleep before I got to Phoenix. The bed felt like a pillow top, but I do not think it was.

Am 100% sure I will stay there again when I am in the area and I always prefer Motel 6 because of the free dog rate.

Room Tip: Check on line for the Red Hot Deal rate and save a few bucks.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelerWithDog
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We just needed to get a quick stop there for 1 night. Room was nice ( actually it was a suite with kitchennete). Fairly clean, nice big comfy beds and a sofa-sleeper. 2 TVs in the unit. Outside Pool was tiny but warm. My kids enjoyed it, although there were not a hot tub.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I am at the hotel now (Monday, March 26th, 2012). This is a very budget, average and spartan establishment. It will take a map or GPS to find this place. I used GPS with no problem. It is clean and modern looking from the outside in a good area for hotels. The parking lot looks modern. No scary people around that I can see. The check-in was good. If you get a deal with this place brace yourself for a very small, spartan room with little, if any, art on the walls (more like a dorm room). One reviewer said that some of the rooms are depressing - I would agree with that comment. I bought some items the first day to brighten up the room. For real, as I am in this for 4 nights on a pre-pay. The toilet works but makes strange sounds. The water for the shower is hot. I cranked it this afternoon to test. The counter space in the room is minimal. The view is nothing short of very average - parking lots, a view of the Sheraton, a small hill, traffic from the freeway. The pool is smallish and will not take your breath away but is adequate. Look it, for the price, this is a great 1 or 2 night stay at best. Do not book this place for a romantic getaway, a birthday, an anniversary, in fact, do not book this place for any awesome occasion. This is a pit stop on the way to something fantastic. Do not stay more than 1 or 2 nights. You have been warned.

Room Tip: Stay only 1 or 2 nights. Ask for a room with a microwave / fridge that way you will get a bigger and...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank energywall
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I have stayed at several hotels over the years in Tempe and this place should not be ranked number SEVEN!
The Marriot Buttes (ranked #9) is TEN times nicer.
This is a bare bones place!!
ONE supper slow elevator that is used both by staff and customers. Stayed on the 3rd floor and it took us almost ten minutes to get luggage up to our room.
Ice machine was removed on our floor so getting ice was a pain (only ice machine we could find was on the first).
They just finished cleaning the hall carpets and they stayed wet for two days.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank occharger
Redroof265, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

I apologize for your experience at our inn. Our main focus is exceeding our guests’ expectations and we concentrate on providing a nice place for a nice price. Based on the feedback we have received here we feel that we are accomplishing this goal so I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We are always striving to make sure we do not rest on our positive reviews and that we always continue to look for ways to improve our guests’ level of satisfaction. In providing a safe and comfortable stay for all our guests we do clean the hallway carpets and try our best to make this as inconvenient as possible for our guests with an expectation that they dry typically by the next morning. I hope you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in Tempe.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

My stay here was miserable - my back hurt for days from sleeping on such inferior and low quality beds. The lighting is a depressing florescent and reminds you of a typical budget hotel form the 70's. Worn out oak furniture. I would pay double somewhere else before I stayed here again. The plus part was the staff was super nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel, any hotel if you can
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank WorldTravelingChick

Please allow me to apologize for what you feel was a miserable experience. I appreciate greatly that you felt our staff and their level of service exceeded your expectations as we strive to do this with every guest. We also want to make sure our guests are comfortable and enjoy their surroundings. We update our interiors periodically with our last refresh taking place in October, which also includes our beds. A miserable experience is certainly not the typical feedback we receive. I hope you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in Tempe.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

My experience with Red Roof Inns has been tired, two story motels with outdoor corridors and very cramped rooms. This was much nicer...indoor corridors, large rooms, fresh decor. Price was very reasonable. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple