“Gem of a restaurant - Chicken Shawarma Plate”

Haji-baba a Middle Eastern
Ranked #25 of 887 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: African, Middle Eastern
Reviewed March 7, 2017

I love their chicken shawarma plate and also their kabab koubideh! The taste is absolutely delicious.

Ambiance is not so great though as the place is a bit old. They have somebody who takes your order and gives you a small slip of paper. When it is time to pay for your meal, you present the slip of paper at the nearby cashier near their adjacent grocery store. Parking at the front can be crowded at times so note that they have additional parking space at the side of their building.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

Stopped here for lunch after visiting Sloan Park in Mesa. Nice variety of food available. I had the chicken schwarma, and had leftovers for lunch the next day. My husband had the gyro plate, and also had leftovers. Seemed to be very authentic. Very tasty.

Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

We were in Tempe for only 1 night. I searched on Trip Advisor and quickly found this place high on the "cheap eats" list. It's a very simple restaurant in a strip mall, connected to their small Middle Eastern grocery store and deli. All 4 of us thought our dinners were delicious. When we went to pay at the cash register we saw 6 types of baklava in the case. I never knew there were so many flavors. This is a great choice for something different at a great price.

Reviewed February 12, 2017

I have been going to Haji-Baba for almost 18 years. I love kabobs and shawermas - and tried many places in Phoenix. Their food and reasonable pricing cannot be beat! Every week, I have to order from this place. Great job, guys!

Reviewed December 17, 2016 via mobile

I don't know why I haven't reviewed them before! This is my absolute favorite Middle Eastern restaurant! The foods is fantastic, the prices reasonable, and the employees are friendly. Is a very casual place, and the grocery attached has loads of stuff! And the baklava at the checkout counter..... I always leave with several kinds and they rarely make it home. Yum!!