“More mole please!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Since I hammered this place some months ago for not having their mole sauce, I will give them their props on this visit. Exceptional mole sauce and tamales! Maybe the best I've ever had. In the team photo with Red Iguana in SLC.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

These berry flauta deserts are not on the menu!
What a shame, because they are DELICIOUS.

OK so the food is pretty good too, regular mexican style tacos burritos etc etc...

the desert was a like canolli style shape shell filled with hot berries and there was cinnamon powder around it and also ice cream to cool it off... i would go back just for the desert
yum

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stopped here for a late night bite. We stopped because another review site stated they had gluten free chips!!! For those of you with Celiac Disease do not order or eat. The chips are gluten free but they are fried in a shared fryer. The staff tried very hard to accommodate and check ingredients, but up to the customer to inquire about hidden gluten.

With that being said the restaurant has simple but great atmosphere. Lovely painted concrete floors, mini white lights etc. We ordered an enchilada plate with rice and beans. The enchiladas were great, but for some reason the beans tasted like tomato paste??? The chips and salsa I could not eat, but my husband definitely enjoyed them and they were served warm.

The service was great. I thought the price was just a little on the high side for a enchilada plate (14.00), but they are open later which comes in handy. I would recommend or return to them myself.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Don't come here expecting the traditional beef taco, beans and rice. Mucho Gusto may be one of my favorite restarnats of all time. Every time I visit Phoenix I MUST go here. The guacamole with grand marnier reduction on it is to die for. The chimichanga steak skirt, enchiladas, the amazing garnish combos...I cannot accurately portray how AMAZING this place is, how they make such crazy taste combos most people wouldn't think about. And they have weekly drink specials, the red sangria is great too! Every time I go it's a 5 course ordeal, I stock up because it is THAT good! Well worth any wait there may be!
--Mexi lover from Chicago

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place never looks busy from the outside, but was full of locals inside! A cozy Mexican restaurant with an awesome patio (when it's not too hot out). I always judge by the guacamole, and it was great! Fresh, good portions, and very friendly staff. We will definitely be going back! They had lots of fish on the menu and some pretty authentic choices. We went for dinner on a friday and got right in. Appropriate for couples and families.