“Great guacamole”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My client sent me here, they said a nice local place. I would agree. Chips and salsa had great flavor to them, the guac with grand marnier had unique sweet taste. I had pork burrito, they said spicy, I would so not at all, salsa had more spice. Great location right next to ASU.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Service, food, and location excellent. Nice variety of good food and drink for all of us. Try their white Sangria.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My wife and I stopped by for lunch on a Saturday. We found that the restaurant was nice and simple with a large outside seating area that must be perfect during the evening except during the summer. The lunch special is offered during the weekend so we decided to give it a try. My wife selected a two street taco with steak and I selected the trio street taco with machaca. We shared each other's tacos and felt that the steak taco while having a good flavor was a little tough. On the other hand the machaca tacos we perfect, good flavor and tender. Both lunches came with a salad in place of the usual rice and beans which was a much appreciated change. The salad had great flavor and it was obvious that there was pride in its perpetration and quality. Overall presentation was nice and the service very good. While this may not a destination restaurant (a restaurant that is worth the drive across Phoenix just to eat there) it is a very good restaurant and should not be missed if you are in Tempe. We feel that Mucho Gusto exceeds many Mexican restaurants that have much better name recognition...

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We loved the ambiance of the place right off. The food was fabulous. I ordered a burrito that was the size of a small baby! No way could I eat it by myself. Fortunately, we were visiting my son in Tucson the next day so I took it to him.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Wow! What a wonderful surprise Mucho Gusto turned out to be. It certainly doesn't look special as one walks by, but the food was absolutely beautiful! We started with the house chips and salsa while looking over the menu. Chips were warm, well salted and complimented the salsa well. Our talented waiter returned to get our food order and brought a second bowl of chips to replace the one we two had emptied. Very observant!

My wife double checked the enchiladas to be sure they were gluten free. Yep, sure are. She went with the green chili as the red is hotter.

i put myself in the hands of the chef and ordered the special, 3 tacos. Had their fish, shrimp and steak tacos prepared as the chef preferred. The fish taco is tilapia and theirs was a big portion. Served battered and deep fried, it was light and very flavorful. It came well dressed and the sauce, featuring pineapple, was especially refreshing. The shrimp taco had 4 medium shrimp (shrimp in every bite!) and featured the same sauce combination with guacamole and pineapple very prominent in the flavor. The last taco was a steak taco--and that was it. Steak. This was the only taco in a wheat tortilla, and it was just the wonderfully sauced bits of steak in the tortilla. Somehow, all by itself, this was perfection. Simple, but simply delicious.

My tacos came with the small house salad rounding out the plate. Nice house dressing, fresh lettuce medley, tomatoes and cheese. Very nice. My wife's enchiladas had both a big scoop of beans and rice. Their rice is very interesting, seems to be made without any tomato base and had a wonderful cilantro flavor. Beans must have been very good, as i didn't get to sample them.....they were simply gone quickly.

Our lunch came out to us about 5 minutes after we ordered. Extremely fast. They are their name....mucho gusto.....it's a pleasure! All this, and the bill was under $20. This is a place You definitely should put on Your list to try!