“Don’t waste your time”

Ranked #108 of 829 Restaurants in Tempe
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Description: Located on Mill Ave in the heart of the ASU entertainment district, El Hefe offers an award winning Mexican menu including street style tacos and the best margaritas around!
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

If you want rude service come here. If not still don’t come here I am sure they didn’t let me in because I am a person of color. But even though they verified my ID there was still “something off “

Kevin B, Manager at El Hefe Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Hi Kevin, as stated on other platforms, please reach out to me at kevin@riothg.com so we can connect and chat directly. Thank you, Kevin

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

You have to be in the mood for a college-town atmosphere!
Came on Easter Sunday. The food and drinks were spectacular! Chips and fresh guacamole were excellent. I had fajitas that were fantastic and hubby had the 3 taco plate that he enjoyed.
Margarita was YUM too.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Fast service, happy hour taco prices from 3pm-7pm Mon-Fri make El Hefe a consistently great meal and a fun experience, thank you again!!

Reviewed March 14, 2018

We went to El Hefe mainly for horchatas which was pretty good. We also ordered the Queso Fundido Dip, which was a good appetizer to share with a few people. I also ordered the Tres Tacos Especial, the meat in the tacos were a bit overcooked for me personally and the beans were slighlty too salty.

Kevin B, Manager at El Hefe Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Hi 48kwant, truly sorry your dishes were not prepared to your satisfaction. If you are ever unhappy with your meal, please tell your server and they would be more than happy to remake it or bring you something else. That being said, we don't want any guest to leave unhappy and would like the opportunity to make this right for you. Would you please email me at kevin@riothg.com so we can connect directly? Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and I am confident we can provide you with a great meal. Thank you, Kevin

Reviewed March 14, 2018

This is a pretty popular place at nigh for a younger crowd, but I was pleasnantly surprised by the nice quiet atmosphere during lunch. I loved the selection of tacos, and the young lady who was our server was very sweet. The great taste of the food hit the spot!