“Great Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed the Embassy Suites-Tempe for a long weekend. This was my fourth stay in five years. The lobby and Mexican restaurant are currently under renovation, and the current breakfast area will be eventually remodeled and become part of the lobby area. It will be exciting to see the completed product when I return in a year or so.

As for my present stay, the pool/hot tub were great. The breakfast options had a good variety, and I am looking forward to having it in the Mexican restaurant, which will allow for greater seating options. The current space is cramped, and if the weather is cool, eating outside is not very appealing. The Manager's Reception was very popular...decent drinking and snack options. Wi-Fi is available in every room, and I enjoyed the new HD televisions and channel options.

I prepaid for my room, and went a notch higher for a pool-view. Since the hotel was booked, I was given a room that overlooked the 60 Freeway. Since I was not in the room much and got checked-in early, I chose not to say anything about it. However, the rooms are not sound-proofed and you can hear too much of the traffic noise if you are a lighter sleeper. Keep that in mind if you stay here and are a lighter sleeper.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone: Families, groups, etc. It is in a safe, nice area of Tempe. Arizona Mills is not far away, along with shops/restaurants in Scottsdale and Chandler.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway area if you are a lighter sleeper.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Viking78......I need to thank you very much for writing such a nice, detailed review of our hotel and your stay. I'm sure many travelers considering staying here will find your comments helpful, so thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon and also to you posting how much better our breakfast experience is once we move over to the new space on May 14th. We are so excited and can't wait!!

Thanks again.

Peter Cowley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Cramlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

stayed there 3 nights, good location, loverly spaceus modern rooms, nice pool area, decent restraunt food, breakfast was well over crowded everyday but they are renovating the area & will be nice when its done.
Only gripe was I asked for a quite room & was put in 309 facing rural road & the traffic noise never stopped all night so had to get some ear plugs for rest of stay.
Got a deal off here with 'free wifi' (c'mon who charges in hotels for wifi these days ?) but they still tried to charge me until I corrected them
Overall would stay here again though

Room Tip: freeway on one side & noisy main road @ front so if you want some sleep, pick your room carefull...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear andyrob1971........i want to thank you for providing such positive comments about your stay with us. I'm very sorry about the noise from the road......it seems that some nights/days it is worse than others.

And you are right.....our renovation that I proudly speak of so often will be completed by June 15th. Until then our great team is providing all the services and amenities we normally do. The renovation is far from the rooms as you know and it has caused very little disturbance to our guests. It's one of the great things about the layout of our hotel.

We hope to see you back very soon. Safe travels.

Laguna Hills, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Our family likes to stay in Embassy Suites; especially good value with breakfast and happy hour. This particular location had good set-up for breakfast: separate line for cooked-to-order items (eggs, omelets, pancakes) and separate lines for serve yourself items (hot and cold). I hope it is equally efficient after the renovation.
Only complaint is lack of pool towels; even after asking at front desk it was about 30 minutes until towels were provided at the pool area.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
CurlyLagunaHills_CA.......thank you for taking the time to post your very positive comments about our hotel. Breakfast and the Manager's Reception are two of our core brand standards (along with our two-room suites) and so I'm glad you and your family recognize that value. And it will just get better after the renovation as we will be building a new lobby bar (for Manager's Reception) in our expanded lobby and moving breakfast into a much larger space in the restaurant. So you will really enjoy your next trip here!

We appreciate your loyalty and we hope to see you again very soon.

Stevenson Ranch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I keep coming back and after the current renovation expect this to be my "Go To" hotel when in Phoenix. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The breakfast is decent.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ADavis91381....I very much appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and for posting your nice comments about our hotel, staff and breakfast. Just just a couple of weeks our renovation will be complete and our breakfast will be even better as we are moving it into a brand new, larger space.

We look forward to seeing you again at the hotel very soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed with my family, Great location if you are coming for spring training baseball... The suites were very clean and updated. Pool was nice, the other guests were very nice, Happy Hour was nice located in the outdoor patio area, very comfortable. They were redoing there check in area but no big deal, we had no problems at all. The breakfast buffet was very good and the service was nice, also the workout area was nice and new equipment. Location, location!! This properties is right near tempe baseball stadiums, Arizona Mills Mall, Mill Ave, Arizona State University, Scottsdale and much more. I would definately recommend this for a family!

Room Tip: i would recommend a room near the pool!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear mccabe4u........I very much appreciate you taking the time to post such nice comments about your stay with us. And your next time will be even better as our new breakfast area and overall renovation will be completed.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.....no need to wait until next year :)

Thanks again.

Omaha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We try to stay at Embassy Suites whenever we have the option. The extra space is nice and the managers reception as well as the breakfast is a draw.

We stayed 2 nights March 23-25, 2012. I'll give you the positives and the negatives of this stay:

Positive: I thought the location was good. It was easy to get to and close to the things were were doing as well as restaurants and shopping.

Rooms were very clean and good size as you would expect from embassy suites. Our bedrooms seemed larger than others while the living area was a little smaller. The beds were comfortable.

Staff was very friendly and did their best to be helpful when we had concerns however they did not always follow through. It was a busy weekend at the hotel.

Breakfast was excellent and the morning staff went out of their way to help the baseball team that had early games get the team feed even before they were suppose to open. This was the best customer service and if it weren't for a couple of issue I would have given this 5 star rating just based on the morning breakfast staff!

Negatives: When we got to our room the first evening it felt like we were in Florida - the hummidity in the room was horrible. My son commented that his pillow felt wet. My older son was going to sleep on the sofa sleeper but I could not find the bedding. Called the front desk to find out where the bedding was and they indicated they were out of pillows and blankets for the sofa sleepers. We were exhausted so we made due although none of us slept that well.

I stopped at the front desk the next morning to address our concerns. They assured me they would have pillows and blankets dropped off today for the 2nd night of our stay. They did not deliver the pillows or blankets and when we called they did not have pillows but did bring a blanket.

The humidity issue they indicated was an heater to air conditioning changeover that did not take place and they would have that fixed. Someone did come to the room and "fix" the air conditioner however it was only slightly better. In talking to another guest they had had the same room we had for 2 nights and moved out due to the humidity in the room. They indicated their next room was fine. Clearly there was an issue with this room and but I don't believe it refects the rooms in general.

The staff gave us free internet for our inconvenience however based on 2 relatively sleepless night I'm not sure that was enough.

I would stay at this hotel again only if they had the humidity issue corrected. I should have changed rooms if not possible or changed hotels but we returned late both nights to our room.

Overall it was a nice hotel that will be going through some renovations and a top notch staff.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank wink63
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear wink63.......I want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us. And thanks for pointing out what you liked as well as the things we can improve on. I've already addressed the HVAC issues with our maintenace team and asked that they insure that all systems are working effectively, especially with the warmer weather on the way. I've also spoken to our housekeeping department about their par levels of pillows and blankets and that we need to ensure we have enough for those weekends when the sports teams are here.

I'm very glad you found our staff so good. They work hard for our guests and I'm proud of them.

Thanks again for writing and we look forward to seeing you again at the hotel.

Peter Cowley - General Manager
Abbotsford, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Great experience. The rooms were great with 2 flat screen TV's and updated furnishings. Pictures on Trip advisor are dated as the pool has all new furniture and the rooms are updated . The hotel is planning a renovation of common rooms.

We had some issues with the air conditioning in our room. We told the front desk twice which did not result in any action. We met a maintenance employee in the hallway who came in and cleaned our "coil". He left us a nice note and some complimentary appys for the restaurant. The next few days were cooler so we assume the A/C was working better.

The internet daily fee was included in our room price but was a pain to log into every day. Free wifi seems to be the norm at most hotels.

We loved the breakfasts and Managers reception. One evening we went to get our kids favourite "Shirley Temple", which was made for us previous nights, only to be told to make it ourselves..."there's the grenadine". Needless to say we didn't make them to the kids liking and ended up throwing most of away...too bad. The pool and area was great, clean and neat. Will definitely try to stay again next year!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Peter C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix - Tempe, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear ofred64.......thank you for posting your comments on your visit to the hotel. I'm glad you had a great time and plan on returning to our hotel. You are correct in that we are renovating lobby, restaurant and meeting rooms. That process started yesterday and will be complete in just a few short weeks. This will greatly enhance the breakfast experience and the manager's reception experience as well.

We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again soon. Cheers and thanks froma fellow Canadian. :)