All reviews great location front desk walking distance mill street parking fee restaurants and bars staff was friendly and helpful asu campus light rail common areas spring training the room was nice parking lot lobby airport shuttle avenue
Reviewed April 9, 2018

This property is conveniently close to the ASU campus as well as bars and restaurants. They have a nice lounge inside to meet up with people and pleasant surroundings with a pool. The Cafe inside the hotel was slow in the bar area and got overwhelmed easily with a crowd. Could have used more help in that area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inside the courtyard could get noisy if a lot of people were partying at night.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you for telling others about our convenient location in Tempe with access to many shops, restaurants and city events. Thank you for the feedback so we can make improvements in our staffing.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We spent five days in Tempe to attend Cubs games around the valley (Camelback, Goodyear and Sloan). What a great location, with Mill St. just was short walk away. But the reason we'll return is the staff -- from the courteous, helpful front desk staff to the friendly breakfast crew to the accomodating and efficient maid service; I don't know when we've seen that many warm smiles in a hotel! If you're attending spring training games, this is a great central home base for anywhere in the Valley. With hiking, Top Golf, and more within a short distance, we can't say enough about Courtyard Tempe Downtown!

Room Tip: We were in the north wing, but it was very quiet. Room-darkening shades are a plus, as well.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Spring Training is an exciting time in our city and at our hotel. Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with other travelers. Our team will love knowing they made a dffference throughout your stay. We look forward to seeing you next year! I hope you got to see some great baseball games!

Reviewed March 19, 2018

I was in town for an event at ASU, and this hotel is perfectly situated to the campus and the bustling Mill Avenue while being removed enough to not be too loud. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and pretty much exactly what you would expect if you've stayed at a Courtyard or similar hotel.

The room was large with plenty of typical amenities. The bathroom and shower were quite excellent. Unlike some other hotels, free wifi (that was rather fast) is available in the room and all common areas without a code or sign-in required.

Check in/out was easy and all staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel offers free shuttle pickup/dropoff from the airport which is an excellent perk since cab rates seemed to be quite high (even for short trips) especially from the airport.

My room had a connection door to the next room, and I was able to hear noise and talking from that room, more so than anything in the hallway or the room on the other side. So if you are a light sleeper or require extra privacy, I would request a non-connected room. Also, some rooms are on the first floor and face the parking lot, so you might hear street or car noise.

Also, not a big deal, but I find it strange that in 2018, many hotel TVs still mainly utilize analog signals and therefore have terrible reception. Its a minor detail, but one that largely baffles me.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor may face the parking lot; rooms w/connections to other rooms may be loud.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Thank you for your descriptive review of our hotel so other travelers can make an informed decision. Our team will be pleased they created a friendly environment throughout your stay. Very soon we will be upgrading our TVs to Smart TVs to deliver additional viewing options for our guests. We hope to continue to earn your trust as the best hotel choice for your future trips to Tempe. Thank you.

Reviewed March 12, 2018

My husband and I stayed here a few years back when we drove out from CA to attend Spring Training to watch the Dodgers play! This hotel was actually VERY nice for the price and the best part would have to be the location to all of the bars and hot spots downtown. I will say though that it is a VERY YOUNG area - we were in our mid to late thirties and we felt a little "older' - as this is definitely a college town - however in terms of the hotel itself - we were quite pleased with the room, the price, and most of all the great walking distance to the bars so that we did not have to UBER anywhere. If you are attending Spring Training and are looking for a nice reasonably priced hotels close to the bars - this is it xo

Room Tip: Super close - walking distance in HEELS - to all downtown bars and hot spots
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

One of the best compliments we can receive is to have our guests recommend our hotel to others. Spring Training is an exciting time in our city and our hotel. Our central Tempe location appeals to many guests all throughout the year as many places are within walking distance as is the Light Rail. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

This is the worst customer service I’ve ever had.

I originally came in at five pm and no rooms were ready (check in is at three pm).

I then left for a conference, to come back to not be allowed to check in because of my unwillingness to give my credit card. (The room is 100% paid for already with a credit authorization form) and I don’t want to give my credit card again for incidentals. I’ve worked in hospitality and it’s possible to check people in without the card on file.

I already told these people my day has been terrible (ten hour flight delays coming from Boston) and they don’t care, his name is Caleb in guest services.

I’m clearly exhausted and only want to sleep in peace.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
James O, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tempe Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Thank you for your review to let us know how we are doing. By not having your room ready we got off to a disappointing start. Please accept our apologies as that is not the way we want our guests to experience our hotel. Having a credit card on file for every guest is a practice that provides security for every guest as we can verify it was in your possession at check in and each guest is who they verbally say they are.