“Amazing pulled pork!”
Review of Puny Johns BBQ

Puny Johns BBQ
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Tombstone
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Description: Home made sides & sauces, slow smoked meats, fall off the bone ribs. Veteran family owned and operated BBQ joint! Pet friendly patio with seating for 66. Indoor seating for 90. 1/2 block off historic Allen St!.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Pulled pork was awesome! The sides we're equally yummy! We ad potato salad and spicy beans. Must try when in Tombstone. Sweet Tea tastes like GA.

John M, Owner at Puny Johns BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed the food & tea!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is some of the best BBQ I have ever had in Arizona. Had the pulled pork sandwich and the baked beans. The pull was super tender and the selects of sauces was delicious. From spicy to smoky and sweet they were all delicious. Also recommend the baked beans. They tasted like they had been simmering all day.

John M, Owner at Puny Johns BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your meal!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

The town that refused to die, well the would have if they'd eaten at Puny Johns BBQ.
I very rarely give bad reviews, but we were recommended this lunch time venue, by a local. well the portions were large, but one shouldn't confuse big with good, because this wasn't good, they couldn't even get a baked potato right and the meat plater was awful.
ok so lets say they were having a bad day.
well so are we, my wife & I have felt right, since eating lunch today.
I hope they are on form when you visit, because I have heard good things about them, just not today!

John M, Owner at Puny Johns BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We smoke our potatoes, not bake them. Sorry you did not like our style of BBQ.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

I am a BBQ snob. After living in AZ for 10 years, I have finally found the best BBQ in the state and it's at Puny Johns! I had the pulled pork, slaw, and potato salad. Honestly I can't say if I preferred the smoked sauce to the regular sauce - both were amazing. I even picked up a pint to go (served in a mason jar!).

John M, Owner at Puny Johns BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

A charming local named "Louisiana" told us about Puny John's, so we stopped in for lunch. It was fantastic! The mac and cheese was soooo good, and so was the pork sandwich! GREAT food. Yum!

John M, Owner at Puny Johns BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks!

Been to Puny Johns BBQ? Share your experiences!