See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Do yourself a favor, stay away from this place. Other than having a great location, this place sucks. Tombstone is a cool little town and is fun, but there are better options. Room is small, the TV is a twelve inch TV/vcr combo with no cable with five classic westerns on tape from Turner Movie Classics. Towels suck, bring your own. In short, if this place was not within walking distance from restaurants and saloons, this would be a zero star if I could give it.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank brucel687
Reviewed March 15, 2017

We called phone number listed to make reservations. Somehow we were transferred to the prior owner Ruben who happens to be the owner of the vacant abandoned building across the street from the Bella Union Lodge. What a Scary experience we had!!! I think we ended up staying the night in his own private room. The other two couples who stayed there also, had dirty rooms . The sheets were filthy and the bathroom smelled moldy and he had towels on back of toilet to collect leaks. Please don't stay there if you talk to a man named Ruben. We have stayed at the Bella Union Lodge and it might not be very clean but at least it's a motel, not a creepy abandoned saloon!!! BEWARE!!!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2016 via mobile

Had made reservations here for a family reunion. Went to check in, no idea what happened to the reservation. Credit card machine wouldn't work. The rooms were dark, dingy. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2016

It's my fault we stayed here but it had been a long day and we just wanted a room for the night. We put our stuff in the room then went out looking over the town for a few hours including supper. Then back to the room. A really odd smell. One lamp with what must have been a 40w bulb. One large old TV and a smaller one that was probably for VCR tapes. No cups for a drink of water. No stopper in the sink. Filthy carpet. Thread bare curtains that looked like netting. One old wooden chair. And of course no internet, which in truth I can live without. These are some of the low points. In defense of the room, the bed was comfortable. The whole episode was like one of those movies that you cannot imagine why you are watching it, but you just have to see the end. Don't do it...save your money.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2016

Owner told us that if we choose the winning number our room would be free (didn't believe him anyway). He showed us the card trick and why we would never win! The room looked OK in a typical Adobe style which I liked, but when we took all our belongings inside and looked closer the room was a dive. I wiped up some water I had spilled On the brown painted floor with my blue cloth and a large amount of dirt came up with it. I sat on a chair and could see under the bed which hasn't been hoovered for many a month. Horrified, we refused to shower, and I refused to undress and get into bed. There was just a bit of purple net at the Windows's I had a bad night's sleep,obviously. The woman next door, a chain smoker, who sat outside on a chair most of the day, I think she lived there as she told us that if we wanted anything we had to knock on her room door. We never saw the owner again as the chain smoker next door told us he was away!

The motel needs pulling down and starting again.

Room tip: Just don't go there unless you desperate for a bed.
Date of stay: June 2016