All reviews krui left a real pleasure his wife perfect place place to stay other guests christian palmbeach hostel atm florian peak wave sumatra scooter spot surf
Reviewed November 6, 2017

I had only good experiences with that Surf Camp!
Florian and Christian are very friendly hosts and the waves there are really great for beginners and pros! I highly recommend this place to all people who love to surf!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed September 13, 2017

The stay at palm beach was a real pleasure, everything is kept easy (muslim toilets, nice veranda to hang out, billard table, ping pong table), but you have everything you need. The breakfast can be included and is really good. The owner is helpful and has an answer for every question you'll ask. Perfect place for surfer's (krui left is 20 meters to the beach) and other surfspot like the peak are really close.
I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend it.
Cheers, Julian

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed September 8, 2017

Staying at Palmbeach Krui during my Sumatran surf trip contributed to this being the best surf trip I've done.
With a bunch of different reef breaks right out the front, a beachbreak 15 mins scooter drive away and a lot more reef breaks in within an hour drive, the location of the hostel is perfect.
Travelling solo, I felt really comfortable staying in one of the single cabins which, because of their natural wooden interior, gave me the jungle vibe I expected getting in South Sumatra. In addition to that I had the nicest view of the wave ‘Krui Left’ from the veranda just outside my room.
The common areas have been designed to be more than just a place to stay. Most of the time I ended up chatting with the other guests in a nice and comfy relaxing area right next to the bar, or playing pool or table tennis, drinking a cool beer.
Christian and his wife Yuli are excellent hosts and along with their partner Florian and their friendly staff they work hard to ensure, that there are no reasons for complaints. Compared to other places in Sumatra I had the feeling that the food they provided was a little bit too expensive but they said they would work on that and because the hostel is located really close to the center of Krui there’s always the option of eating out.
Another fact, that really impressed me is, that the owner is super engaged in social and environmental projects. Telling him, that I brought water filters to install in areas, where people don't have enough money to buy clean drinking water, he offered me to help straight away and set up a meeting with one of the community leaders in no time. We also organized a beach clean up in the Krui area and without the help of Christian it would have not been the same.

Combining a local atmosphere and Indonesian vibes with a little bit of Western comfort, Palmbeach Krui was one of the best places for me to stay and I will definitely be back - hopefully more sooner than later.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2017

Friendly Staff, Nice Bar and Gaming Areas.. The bst directly in Krui not far from all the Surfspots. I will come back for sure.
Thanks to Chrisian and Yuli

See you next Time

Greets from Spane

" Krui left directly infront of the Camp

Room tip: Superior Double Room with Ai Con
Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple of times now, my boyfriend has stayed more, and I would defiantly say that this accommodation represents really good value for money.

The room is simple but importantly it's clean and the bed is really comfy. The toilet is a squat and there is a water trough and pipe shower for washing, all very nicely tiled and spacious. We had a nice little veranda area outside which was lovely and a great spot for relaxing and using the fast wifi.

The accommodation is right behind the beach, and a couple of great little warungs. The host was really friendly and helpful but respected out privacy, they also have a very good guard dog and gated entrance which made he place feel very safe.

As is always the case in the area, electricity sometimes cuts out and it can be quite noisy when local celebrations/party's are going on, these Indo's love their karaoke!

Overall I would defiantly recommend Surf camp Palm beach Krui and I'm sure we will be returning again next year!

Date of stay: August 2016