All reviews common areas restaurant quality delicious food amazing hosts place to stay perfect location surf trip max alicia smoothies deck comfort reef scooter surfers indonesia wave
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

BeOcean is the best surfcamp I have ever been.
The location is awesome, right in front of one of the best waves in Krui. In less than 5 min you can find more than 5 world class lefthand and righthand waves.
The rooms are very comfortable and decorated with a lot of style. The bathroom is spatious and with all the amenities.
The food is amazing, super healthy and much better than any other option tou could find in the area. In a place where there are not so many restaurants, BeOcean food quality is even more appreciated.
And finally, the hospitality from the host was the best part of our stay in BeOcean. Max not only takes care of a very professional service and organization, but also makes sure you surf the best spots, you get as many pictures as possible from your sessions and organizes many trips and one-day excursions (banana island, waterfalls, jungle trekking, ...)
We will come back for sure

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

This is my 4th visit and 4th year in Krui, South Sumatra. Indonesia.

Previously I had stayed in the most prestigious surf camps in the area also the most expensive! I have been living out of Beocean for a few weeks now and it has surely left the impression to me that this is the best place to stay in Krui for many reasons in which I will list below.

The Retreat - Set amongst Palm trees and a lush tropical garden, it boasts a high level of Paradise. Looking out onto the reef from the waterfront bungalow and deck at high and low tide is a gorgeous sight the sunrise and sunsets also amazing! Crystal clear water and a 30 second paddle to one of the funnest waves in the area. 3 minutes in both directions to other very good waves!

The Rooms - You wake up after having a very good nights sleep in very comfy beds! The set out of the rooms are very warming, clean and tidy. The layout is very nice! In your bathroom you have hot water and cold (A rarity in the Krui Area) Even the most prestige camps do not have this option!

Rooms are cleaned daily to a highly satisfactory standard (Coming from a clean freak!!! Haha)
Adding that touch of real holiday mode!

The Food - Where do I start. All i can say is BEST FOOD IN KRUI!!! By a long shot!!

Very clean, tasteful food!
Set meals for lunch and dinner. Breakfast you have more than 10 choices! All are amazing. A lot of effort put into the food. Fresh fish caught daily, Fresh fruit, Smoothie bowls, Juices.... You name it. A lot of variety and is all SOOO GOOD!! So fresh!!
All food included in the cost of stay, Extra food juices etc can be ordered if your still hungry (You don’t go hungry! Food is a plenty!!)

Staff - So friendly, they are very welcoming, chatty , reallly trustworthy!!! I left my doors open all day all night for 3 weeks
No dramas at all! The girls in the kitchen, cleaning etc are an amazing team! The guys are awesome! Absolute legends! Manager, security, surf guide the best locals I have met in my 4 years of travelling here to Krui!

Facilities - Ping Pong table, Sun deck, Tv with every surf/bodyboard movie under the sun, Plenty of bintang, laundry, plenty of guided tours around the area (trips to waterfalls and the jungle... amazing)

I could keep going on about how good this place is! And I cannot reccomend it enough! If your considering BeOcean as your stay in Krui, think no further! You will 110% not find anywhere better! This is the best place, best food, best value for your money.

Thankyou to all staff at BeOcean for everything Big thanks To Max and Alicia and little dylan, the driving force behind BeOcean!!! Cannot thank you enough for my best trip to Sumatra yet!! You guys are the best! Already planning my next trip ❤️ See you all real soon!

My stay at BeOcean has been nothing short of amazing!!! It is guaranteed you will also have the best time ever!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

We stayed with Alicia and Max for a week at the end of our trip. The food was unbelievable, the best we’ve had in a Sumatra and the bedrooms were amazing with western bathrooms including hot showers (pretty rare for Sumatra). The breaks out front worked most days but there were paddle boards, body boards, spear guns etc available for flat days.
We would 100% recommend staying here. The only negative was that we had to leave to come home.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2018

The owners were really engaged from the outset. Alisia helped us with the booking, the connection from Bandar Lampung and then couldn't do enough to make our stay (group of three surfers) as comfortable as possible. This included dietary requirements, equipment loan, bike hire and, the most valuable, local knowledge. Max called the wave forecast with great accuracy every day and helped us plan our days and taxi trips up north... from a relaxing massage to a coffee, nothing was too much for this lovely couple from the canaries :) the most comfortable beds I've ever stayed in Indo (8th trip) and the food is by far the best local and western option menu for any B&B/Camp... i would book again for sure :) thank you Max, Alisia and your lovely team :)

Room Tip: All rooms seem great!! Great wifi in all rooms and outside.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2018

The room was clean and very comfortable, great beds and linen! The food was excellent. Healthy and in a month there I did not see anyone get ill or complain about food. The environment is family oriented - the hosts make an effort to see how you are and provide you with information and support your stay. The staff are fun to hang out with and helpful.

Room Tip: I satyed in most of the rooms and they are all very nice :) !
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family