“Great ocean view location at very affordable price”
other travellers have booked this property
VIEW FROM 300 sf COVERED TERRACE
KITCHEN AREA - FULLY EQUIPPED OUTDOOR LIVING AREA WHERE MOST GUESTS SPEND THIER 'AT HOME' TIME
Check Availability
PLAYA DOMINICALITO LOOKING SOUTH FROM BEHIND THE STUDIO
LOOKING SOUTH FROM BEACH BEHIND STUDIO
VIEW FROM TERRACE LOOKING WEST
LOCAL FRUIT VENDER
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
smirk69
Winnipeg
“Great ocean view location at very affordable price”
Reviewed December 18, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

My wife and I spent 2 weeks enjoying the hospitality of Dave & Deb West in Dominical, Costa Rica. This studio apartment is perfect for a couple who don't need a lot of space but still want the benefits of a full kitchen, private pool and killer ocean views. The added benefits of having Dave & Deb close by for suggestions on excursions, restaurants, hiking etc made this an excellent place to stay. They were both great hosts and not only helped us find "hidden beach" but also taught us how to boogie board!!
We can highly recommend this rental ad would definitely stay there again when we return to Costa Rica.

Liked best: Location & view
Liked least: limited parking available
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jennifer...
“Beautiful views with easy beach access.”
Reviewed September 23, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

We will definitely be back. The unit was comfortable and clean with a well-stocked kitchen. Incredible beach and sunset views from the balcony. The owner, Dave, was very friendly and accommodating. The beach and a great restaurant were just a short walk away.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Sitting on the balcony enjoying the beautiful scenery.
Liked least: Water pressure in shower was not great.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
jenboggs
Whidbey Island, Washington
“Will definitely stay here again and try other properties”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Staying at Olas Hermosa was a great experience. Dave was most helpful with providing info on the local area and fun stuff to do. The studio has an incredible view, the apartment is perfect for a couple, especially the kitchen and the use of the pool was fantastic.

Daves office is downstairs next to the pool but we never felt uncomfortable or uneasy using it while he was around...in fact just the opposite. Dave is a great guy and we enjoyed the time we did get to spend chatting with him.

Dave sent us pages of helpful info about the area which was much appreciated! We were able to meet alot of his friends by following his tips for the local restaurants. They are all very nice and fun! The studio also provides parking inside a gated area which is nice.

Make sure to walk to Dominical along the beach, its a great walk. Also easy walks are the walk to the waterfall to take a swim and the beach out on the peninsula...where we found quite a few large beautiful conch shells! Stores are close and its central to quite a few great hiking places like the whales tail and Manuel Antonio.

We are looking forward to coming again next year!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the central location to the area.
Liked least: The road noise sometimes became loud but the view made it well worth it!
Older travelers
Management Response
26 Jan 2014
Thanks for taking the time to provide the review. It was great sharing some of the sunsets with both of you and I look forward to your return. See you then. Dave
Frank R
Angus, Canada
“3 for price of 1”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Great place to stay, Great realtor, and great friend.

My wife and I stayed mid Sept. 2013 on a last minute basis as we not certain of our plans. Was our first trip to CR with plans of buying a winter home.

1 for 1
The property could not be in a better location, secure safe, minute or two from Dominical, fantastic views (even in the rain) and a very short walk to a spectacular part of the ocean. The studio was perfect size for a couple with separate kitchenette and nice bathroom. I can't even begin to describe the large and fantastic top floor balcony, or its views, what a place to have an afternoon snooze.

2 for 2
As a host of this lovely place and as a realtor, there can be no better than Dave, and although we only met Deb (Dave's wife) via Skype, these comments apply to her as well. Dave is a wealth of info on both fronts that would have taken me weeks to accumulate. He is well known in the community (nick name,Dominical Dave), is very knowledgeable of the world, and of this area and country. From his first email response prior to leaving for CR, I felt something right, and shortly after meeting, I realized this is a great person and realtor. I could go on for ever on this kind & truly caring guy. HGTV House Hunters International filmed here with Dave and Deb, which says it all!

3 for 3
Dave has become a real friend, and we could never thank him enough for all the information on the area, the tours of the area, and all his valuable time spent with us.
See you in November.

Liked best: The Host
Liked least: Departure day
surfbum34...
Miami, Florida
“We had a great time!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Jessee and staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and the A/C (which we needed) worked well. The communal kitchen was cool and we had everything we needed. We enjoyed the stay and will go back, hopefully with friends. Just a short suggestion: get up early and walk the beach as the sun comes up. Very nice and tranquil.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location to beach
Liked least: surprised by how hot it was
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Management Response
6 Mar 2013
Not sure who Jesse is and our kitchen is private so this review is most likely reviewing the wrong place.
NYNeenz
New York City, New York
“A most wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

First, let me tell you that renting an apartment when I travel is my first choice when I travel. So I've had plenty of experience with property managers, etc. Dave is hands down the most thorough and kindest of all I've dealt with. He answered all my questions via email without making me feel like i was pestering him.

Once I arrived, the apartment was in a wonderful location and the studio is perfect for a solo traveler. It is very safe for female travelers. There is ample space for a couple in that studio or possibly 3-4 friends. The view from it is stunning. It is a decently comfortable bed with a fantastic patio to have that delicious morning cup of coffee on. Or to read. The A/C inside works well though I found myself adjusting to the temperature much better as the days went along. The kitchen is fully stocked of things to use (self-catering) and I cooked dinner often. The location is great, not far from grocery stores, beaches, waterfalls, etc. The little surf town down the road has nice restaurants and bars and really friendly people.

Now back to Dave...his office is downstairs from the studio. This made me feel safe as this was my 1st trip to Costa Rica and I was solo. Dave will answer all your questions and make sure you are comfortable up there but you'll never feel bothered.

All in all, I had a perfect Costa Rica vacation and this place was a big part of it. Highly recommend. (Bonus - if you need a bigger place, he manages a few other properties.)

Liked best: Location
Liked least: bed was a little hard on my back, but most beds are as I have a bad back. but it wasn't the worst I've ever slept on and was adequate.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Englewood Colorado
Reviewed December 12, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing