“I thought I ordered food. ”
Review of Soda y Nanyoa

Soda y Nanyoa
Ranked #18 of 49 Restaurants in Dominical
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I had a breakfast here once. I enjoyed it, least to say I didn’t run away from a full plate.
I made an attempt to have a dinner here once, I ran. From a full plate.
I mistakenly ordered food off the menu at this establishment once, instead of just ordering beer. I made a mistake. Beer is the only thing worth ordering from this “restaurant “.
I had a fish Casado and the fish itself was burnt and somehow still raw on the plate in its blackened state.
Just don’t eat here until they fix themselves.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We have been in Costa Rica for approximately 3 weeks and eat at Sodas on a daily basis. This particular Soda was rated highly in The Lonely Planet as well as Trip Advisor so we wanted to try it. We both ordered grilled fish Casado and not only were they the worst Casado we’ve had in Costa Rica, they were the worst food we’ve ever eaten. The rice, beans and fish were cold and the fish (aside from being cold) had a gelatinous consistency. There was also a side of canned spaghetti, which is a whole topic of discussion in itself; and also cold. The fish was flavourless, burnt but still gooey. Sodas are known for being reasonably priced, however this crap hole cost $30 Canadian. Which is probably $5 USD or 1 euro hehe. Jokes. Seriously though this place a a forking disaster. I hope people read all of the negative reviews before they consider going here. CANNED SPAGHETTI!!!!!! FFS. With al this negatively, the beer was cold.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stopped in for lunch here and were impressed with the delicious food, and amazing fresh watermelon smoothies. The prices are more reasonable than some of the more gringo-oriented places in town and there is a very sweet kitty that hangs out!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 18, 2018

This unassuming little place was recommended in the Lonely Planet guide, so we checked it out. I had the casado with fish fillet, and everything on the plate was perfect. My wife was unsure what to order to drink, and our waiter brought a delicious smoothie called "agua del sapo" or "toad water." Highly recommended!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

The seafood soup with milk was delicious, with generous portions and lots of seafood. Ceviche was OK, a bit too watery for my taste. I would not recommend their pasta dishes, as they were over cooked and mushy.

The service was friendly, but very slow. The restaurant was not busy, however it still took over 40 minutes to get the food.

Date of visit: December 2017