Villas Alturas(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$157
Villas Rio Mar(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$74
Waterfall Villas(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$120
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cuna del Angel(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$123
MAVI Surf Hotel de Dominical(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$120
Roca Verde(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$60
Cool Vibes Beach Hostel(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$32
  • Beachfront
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe hotel managergrounds are beautifulthe air conditioningenjoyed our stayluaccommodationswaterfallwavestreeswildlife
Reviewed March 25, 2017

This is the third time I stayed at the Diuwak, the first was 8 years ago, then last year and then again this year. I was booked there the first two times as part of a surf camp package. The grounds are beautiful. The pool is really the only thing that would make me want to stay here again. This most recent time I booked a Junior Suite which was advertised as having 2 double and 2 single beds and a futon. It had one of each and the bathroom was off the single bedroom with the beds. And the doors to the bedroom would not stay shut unless locked from the inside. It is priced like a western hotel but without the service. The shower head was broken from day one. They said they would fix it it but after night number 3 and it was not fixed, we asked for a new room. They moved us from suite 123 to 126. We were moved to a room that wasn't cleaned, smelled musty/moldy and there was even a dirty cloth left on the floor in the corner of the room. They also were determined to run us out at check out, we had a delay in getting our rental car so we checked out about 90 minutes late. They didn't need the room (our first room still hadn't been re-made), they were just unnecessarily nasty about it. The pool is wonderful, but some of the shaded furniture is falling apart. This place is really a shame, its a beautiful spot with tons of potential. It is just so badly managed and it is the manager that directs the customer un-friendly behavior. We came back to Dominical for 2 more nights after our stay, and chose a different hotel. you can look up that review for a comparison.

Room Tip: Stay away from ground level Junior Suites
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank CanadaAlMaine
Reviewed March 25, 2017

Although there were a few pluses to this hotel, they were far outshadowed by the negatives. The part that was the most disconcerting, however, was that during my stay, I was never able to speak with a manager. He was always too busy, and let the poor receptionists attempt to address my concerns.... like no hot water, a broken refrigerator, and extremely loud power tools being used by workers directly outside our window at 7:30 AM on a Sunday morning! And the work was not repair work or an emergency.
The final insult was that after two terrible days at this hotel, when I told them that I wouldn't be staying for the full 4 days I had planned, they still charged my credit card for 4 nights..... And this was after the front desk gal had told me there would be no charges for any nights!!
There were quite a few other, what I would consider minor problems (uncomfortable bed, small dark rooms, peeling paint, broken tiles, etc). But again, this hotel is suffering from something far worse... a general malaise on the part of the management. Hopefully after this review, they will contact me, but I doubt it.
And, just to give this review some context, I have been traveling in Costa Rica dozens of times over the last 20 years, and have never had an experience that I reflected on, this poorly... not even close.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if possible
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff R
Reviewed March 15, 2017

My first experience with this hotel was getting in the shower and being electrocuted by a faulty shower head (double as a water heater). They gave us a new room, which had no hot water.

The beds were super uncomfortable and the rooms were tiny. The Wifi, while technically existent was so slow as to be utterly useless.

The pros: it has great photos in the listing to make you think it is much nicer than it looks. We took the loss and got an AirBNB for the night rather than be miserable in this closet.

Room Tip: Find another hotel that is not overpriced
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elliott W
Reviewed March 6, 2017

No complaints here, in the middle of downtown dominical. Close to everything with an attentive staff,clean rooms with an awesome shower and free breakfast included . If you didn't like this place,you should not go to dominical,stay home

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2017

The only good point is the swimming pool ans to be near the beach. All the rest is wrong. We paid $ 540 for 4 nights at 3 personns. Highly priced for the price of the hotel room. For the same standard we usually paid $ 75 a night.
Bathroom: stained mirror, regular water break due to a fault in the hotel. Would need a good renovation, broken tile. Shower wall incorrectly installed and closing once on 2.
Bed: mattress completely rammed. Breakfast: insufficient in terms of choice, taste and quantity given the price of the room. The worst breakfast in hotel in Costa Rica. The waiter is incompetent: there is in the breakfast menu a fruit juice included that he never served or even offered. You ask for tea, he does not ask you what you want and he uses camomile. Continental breakfast = Toasts with 3 pieces of fruit.
Pinto Gallo = 2 pieces of fried plantain, a small serving of rice and scrambled eggs.
In short, do not stay at this hotel, you will find much better for the same price or cheaper for the same quality.
Do not waste your money at home. He laughs at the customer.
Always work close to the pool.
Bar closed all day