I have to begin by explaining that due to my job I get the chance to stay in many different places. I have traveled around the world, and I have had the chance to be exposed to many different rental houses, hotels, etc. The first point that called my attention about Casa Ramon was the initial contact: the owners. Their grace and professionalism is refreshing. A product is as good or as bad as the service that surrounds it creating the experience, so the beginning was great.
I stayed at Casa Ramon for 4 nights with my family on an inspection visit. My job is not to commend, but rather to give a fair critique, however, in this case Casa Ramon takes home all the prizes.
1. Rooms: the class and taste they decorated the place with is superb. Every detail has been taken care of meticulously - the mattresses are top of the line (that is one true measure of quality from where I am standing), the quality of the linens, the layout of each sleeping area has been done in a thought out way. The bathrooms are not just regular bathrooms, they all have details that make it unique from each other and extremely pleasant spaces. L' Occitane toiletries summarize the essence of the experience.
2. Decor: rustic/modern with high quality pieces, you can see details of taste such as the hand picked glass lamps, beautiful wall paintings, ample sofas, with solid tables and plenty of couch relaxing areas. Nothing is torn, nothing is dirty, everything in mint condition.
3. Unit: the house is divided into three floors. The spaces are very well distributed in that they are inclusive, yet private enough so you can manage your stay according to how social you wish to be. The Honeymoon Casita: is a little casita of the side of the pool that is private with its own kitchen and a beautiful four poster bed overlooking the ocean.
But the most impressive thing of all was this: in a house of that size and caliber, where you can find 9 different wine glass types, and everything you could envision for your own kitchen (never mind a holiday kitchen!) has everything in perfectly working order. Many times, properties such as this will have many gadgets, and you get enthused until you try to use some and they are not in working order. Then the romance is gone...At Casa Ramon the maintenance crew does such a superb job, there isn't a SINGLE thing that does live in working order.
What a vacation! I hope I have the chance to revisit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Ramon is an exclusive and luxurious vacation rental home in the South Pacific enclave that redefines Coastal Living in Costa Rica. The creators of Casa Ramon have put together natural materials in a remarkable way that blends textures and colors to enrich your experience of life and free your soul from the dictates of the world. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Ramon Costa Rica/Dominical