Waterfall Villas
Villas Alturas(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$157
Hotel Cuna del Angel(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$131
Villas Rio Mar(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$74
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

MAVI Surf Hotel de Dominical(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$130
Hotel Diuwak(Dominical)
US$58
Roca Verde(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Rio Lindo Resort(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$60
Plaza Suites(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$100
Cool Vibes Beach Hostel(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$32
  • Beachfront
Albergue Alma de Hatillo(Dominical)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskundalini yogavegan foodcouples massageevery mealbalinese styletofujade spaour honeymoondragonfly suiteraw chocolategreat vegancosta ricadaily yogafresh fruit drinksjuice cleanserecommend renting a cartaste buds
Reviewed March 1, 2018

We arrived around 4 pm after driving from the airport in San Jose'. Chris, the manager, greeted us with a smoothie and took our bags to the room. We had the Jade Suite with a hot tub on the balcony. The whole area was filled with the sound of the waterfalls, frogs and various creatures. We were in the jungle but only minutes from town.
We signed up for the Wild About Wildlife and it was spectacular. This included all meals. Ours were prepared a little differently because of our dietary restrictions (beyond vegan). Whoever said you can get the same meal in Dominical is wrong. These meals are higher quality and more thought goes into them.
We will be returning to Waterfalls Villas many times. The people we met were wonderful and open minded, and the owner, Fateh, was fabulous and made every effort to meet our needs and those of the other patrons.

Two things to be aware of: some of the rooms are close enough so folks in the other room can be heard. Also, I would recommend renting a car. You will have the chance to explore on your own, especially if you don't buy a package with activities included.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank italiangirl2020
Reviewed February 15, 2018

My new husband and I loved this place! It is quiet, surrounded by thick greenery and a creek (? runoff from waterfall? - not sure what to call it). Chris, the manager, was an amazing resource for helping us get taxis (which we needed to get anywhere since we didn't rent a car), and whatever else we wanted. He was fast, funny, and accommodating. The meals we had were delicious and healthy - we loved the fresh juices too. And considering that it is right in the middle of a tropical rainforest, I was pleasantly surprised about the mosquito/other annoying bug level - I was safe as long as I used a bug repelling sunscreen. The room was clean and bright, and the air conditioner felt like magic after a long day in the sun. FYI - we had to pay about $200 each way to get there via personal driver, which makes sense because it's very far away from the San Jose airport.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite is bigger and has an enormous bathtub, but we actually preferred the Goddess suite because it was brighter.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisamulligan
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Waterfall Villas for a week at the end of my 3 week trip to Costa Rica. It was an amazing experience for my mind, body and soul. The property is very beautiful and serene and is set in the rain forest with a small private waterfall. The rooms are rustic luxurious with fine touches and impeccable details. You can stay at the property and use it as just a hotel or you can do a wellness package. I highly recommend doing a wellness package with meals included and some treatments. I did a juice cleanse and vegan food the rest of the time. The food was beautifully presented and delicious! I didn’t even miss meat or eggs and that was my staple diet before I arrived. I also did the divine straightening treatment, soul retrieval and reiki and daily Yoga. All great in their own way. Fateh the owner is amazing and very hands on during your visit and so is her staff. They are very accommodating and make you feel like you are staying at someone’s house vs a hotel. I would definitely recommend a car during your stay because besides relaxing at the property, there is not much else to do. In the area the waterfalls are amazing and there are 3 beaches anywhere from 3-20 miles. I highly recommend this property on your next stay to Dominical. It was just what I needed to jumpstart my healthy lifestyle plan.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed February 2, 2018

We recently had a one night stay at Waterfall Villas near Dominical and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Here's the "deets" :
Upon arrival, Jorge helped with our luggage.Very attentive staff. Chris the manager greeted us warmly and showed us around and the Chef handed us a delicious blended drink at check in. Nice!
Our room, Dragonfly Suite #2, had a very Balinese feel with a lovely bamboo bed. There was an electric tea kettle in the room and a tea set up for early morning tea (thank you!).

They provided cool cotton Bathrobes and I think slippers. Fresh flowers in the room with Organic soaps and shampoo. It was a lovely room where you can always hear water rushing down the stream to the waterfall with quaint porch/lanai overlooking the stream, right in the trees, so it almost feels like you're staying in a tree house! Gorgeous open tile bathroom, nice hot shower (room for two!), candle in the room, great ambiance, and very native and romantic feeling.

The Vegan Food was amazing! Beautiful presentation, quite delicious, ample amounts. For dinner we had Mock Ceviche made with a local fruit, pureed zucchini soup, sweet and sour tofu and veggies in a pineapple half, perfectly cooked Basmati rice, raw chocolate tart with strawberry and coconut ginger sauce, blended fruit drink at dinner. Delicious breakfast the following morning with fresh watermelon juice, banana pancakes with papaya and rich, delicious Costa Rican coffee - YUM! The food was a real highlight for me. I am a Wellness Chef and know good food when I taste it! My husband really enjoyed the meals too!

Fateh the owner is quite lovely, calm and authentic and truly cares about the Guest Experience. That is evident by all the little touches in our room and during our stay. She really tries to think of everything one would want.

We saw Toucans in the Trees and Beautiful Mariposa bright blue butterflies! And a short hike down to the waterfall on the property is a must! Great meditation spot!

Chris highly recommended we check out Nauyaca Waterfalls, which is right up the road, and it was great! We hiked in (pretty strenuous but worth it - took over an hour to hike in). You can also go in with a group on horseback (that looked awesome) or sitting in the bed of a truck with a group if you're not up for the hike.This place is in a beautiful laid back part of Costa Rica and we love the Dominical/Uvita area. Third trip for us. We also love having drinks and watching the sunset up at Vista Ballena (google it - you need a car to get there) and touring the wildlife sanctuary at Villas Alturas (google it). Both close by.

We would definitely stay at Waterfall Villas again. Check it out if you want an inspiring and healthy experience!
Pura Vida!

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Pam D
Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

We arrived in the evening and as we entered, we felt like we were in paradise. The lush landscaped walkways were lit with balinese style lanterns and canopied with stylish banners. The stones steps led us to the Honeymoon Suite which was a treat in itself. The decor is truly to the “T” Bali in every way inside and out. I know since I’ve traveled to Bali and this is as good as it gets in a short flight compared to two days of traveling! Even better, I can come more often!
Our suite has a jacuzzi tub which is romantically decorated with candles and fresh cut flowers. Beautiful balinese robes to lounge in. A lovely balcony with chairs over looking the rainforest and river. The entire suite is tastefully decorated with all balinese stone and wood plaques you can clearly see are imported from Bali. I also love the bathroom decor with the swinging doors and a huge stone sink. You would never even have to leave the suit and all of its comforts! But wait, it gets better...
The owner Fateh is an amazing host offering yoga in the am next to the properties private cascading waterfall! Not to mention its exclusively for her guests so its totally private. Like the post card pictures you always see without a flock of tourists. Its truly that! This alone is heaven in itself . Peace, Quiet, Nature… ahhhh! No-one was on the waterfall except for my hubby and I. truly Magical in every way :)
Fresh aromatic flowers floated in a beautiful stone pedestal bowl in the dining area. A small koi pond, bamboo lounge sofas and dining tables are set in the most romantic manner. The outside restroom offered pure essential oils to enjoy at the wash sink.
Meals at the Water Fall Villa's are exquisite. Every little detail is presented to make everything special. The plate is like a work of art and as delicious and fresh as it is beautiful. Fresh fruit drinks always accompanied the satisfying meals. The desserts were also out of this world yet still healthy. We ate out on two occasions and nothing compared to the food we were served at the WaterFall Villas. Mainly vegan but you specify your preferences.
I have to say, this is truly a sanctuary, whether your coming alone, as a couple or for a small group yoga meditation retreat, this is a place that will have you feeling completely relaxed and provide that long lasting memory of every little detail of an experience worthy of your time and travels. Its been three weeks since we came home and we are still talking about it. I could imagine this to be the perfect local for an intimate wedding, a place to renew your vows or a peaceful romantic honeymoon! So romantic.
The lovely staff at WV’s are happy to help you and are a delight to work with. Fateh arranged for us to visit a national park with a beach where we got to see monkeys and other birds and animals. Toucans right on the property too.
The entire experience was as positive as it could possibly be.
I can’t say a negative remark or make any suggestions to the resort. They are on top of their game and its now at the top of my travel list for a peaceful relaxed experience when I need to escape the world of chaos. My new hideaway!
I also have to add, the owner Fateh created the entire menu, all of the food presentations and works daily with the staff for preparations and details on explaining the ingredients of every dish that is so skillfully created for her guests. You can feel her love in everything you experience here. Fateh designed and built the entire resort from her vision of many years that she shared with us. Which I find to be truly remarkable. She also makes her own high vibrational gemstone jewelry and has beautiful handcrafted gemstone sliver balinese amulets she personally designed. I of course had to have more than one piece of her beautiful goddess creations! Also adorned my mom and dear friend who graciously sat for my pets so I could venture off on this ever so extravagant amazing trip!

The weather is amazing here, cool in the evening and warm in the day. We had a little rain, but plenty of sunshine. Beautiful sunsets from strategic locations. Lots of R&R!
This has to be the most amazing and relaxed resort to stay in while visiting Costa Rica. Its location is great. Close enough to the little downtown surf town of Dominical yet tucked up in the rainforest with lots of nature. Its a friendly part of CR and seems to be a haven for settled travelers who decided to call it home.
All the reason to come to Costa Rica, Waterfall Villas offered us a spectacular 5 star yet earthy zen experience. Thats all me and what I and my hubby love!!!

The prices are so moderate making it a great value. Flights were also very reasonable direct from Fort Lauderdale. Its nice to know that you can still get away for an amazing vaca without pulling a second mortgage on your home! No deep pockets needed on this trip. I estimate the entire trip for two averaged out to be the same cost as one airline ticket to Bali.

I’m sure you will enjoy it as much as we did. Let me know.
Bon Voyage! Namaste'

TIP:
We came in on a ship into the port of Moine and took a flight to San Jose, then drove a rental to Dominical. I would recommend flying into San Jose and taking a connector flight down to the local airport 30 min from Dominical if you prefer not to have to drive it. WV’s is very helpful with the arrangements via Facebook messenger.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple