All reviews monkeys coming close to nature night walk outdoor kitchen amazing hotel costa rica lounge area beautiful jungle nice stay remote place open air unique experience place to stay drake's bay perfect location mosquito net corcovado tour
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Anja, the owner, welcomes you. She’s a fantastic woman deeply in love with Bahia Drake and Nature. Follow her suggestions, and don’t be afraid to ask. The hotel is a natural consequence of her love: small but comfortable rooms plunged in the jungle, and a common room with hammocks where there is always someone of the staff for a chat, for advice or for showing you a Perezoso hanging around. hummingbirds everywhere. we had common bathrooms with another room: it was like we were the only users. The town is very small, so you are 3 minutes from the centre.
Time flows differently here, in a natural rythm that you can’t experience anywhere else. How to describe it? Better not. Better live it.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aurelio P, Owner at Mohagine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Tommaso, I think I have not read so wonderful words at this hotel all the time as yours here now. And there is nothing more to say than, just live it! Thank you, hope you will be back, Anja.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

My experience at mohagine was incredible . When we arrived we were greeted with tea and was given a great explanation about the rooms and the hotel, it was so welcomed after a boat trip along the river which in its self was incredible. Anya the owner was so helpful and made us feel so welcome, her dog Rasta was also a amazing plus, he is such a good doggo. The 4 days I spent here I will never forget and I will return I’m the future. All the activities are the same price , they are slightly pricey but totally worth it, I had experiencies that I will hold close to me for a long time. Snorkelling I can highly recommend. The staff at mohangine were lovely, helpful...I cannot fault this place. I had the best time of my life here and could not recommend it more.

Room tip: sleep quality is excellent, the rooms are great and surrounded by wildlife. Playing cards with hummingbirds around you Is just perfect for
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Aurelio P, Manager at Mohagine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Wow Charlotte, amazing comment with the good title ! We are delighted you enjoy everything we did for you ! It's ever a pleasure to help our guests before and during their stay in MOHAGINE and make our days with us as unbelievable as possible. Organization, kindness and shared experience are our key words and our staff was happy to give that during your stay (Rasta too !!). We are glad to receive this good review that it can help futur guest to choose ourselfs because you describe as well as possible our work here. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in our little paradise.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

Is one of the best places i found. I like it so much the kitchen was well equipped and everything was clean: bathrooms, rooms and tents. Staff was very kind and friendly. You can see animals just staying there because you are surrounded by the forest

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lubi89, it's really nice to read your comment !! We are glad you enjoyed this place where everything are made for you to spend a pleasant stay with us. We live in nature and we want our guests appreciate it and learn more about it. This is why we are so close to the jungle, with a beautiful garden and with open cabin. We thank you again for your comment and we will be happy if you can recommand us around you.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Take the tours. Get a guide and go to the National Park. Our guide Nayer(?) was incredible! He had so much knowledge and great scoping skills! We saw every animal in the park except one! Just loved the food, people And Scarlet Macaws!!!

Room tip: We got a room with a bathroom.
Date of stay: January 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Lucy for this 5 stars. I think you maybe made a mistake with the activity you commented because you speak about a tour in Drake's Bay but you didn't tell anything about our hotel MOHAGINE. So I don't know if you really speak about us for this 5stars review.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay here. Open air accommodations with netting on the edge of the jungle. Very clean, friendly knowledgeable owners and staff who really helped make our stay in Drake Bay amazing and memorable.

Date of stay: January 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Briank22018 for this 5stars comment ! You have indeed grasped the nature concept of our hotel and we are delighted that you have appreciated its true value. Our staff is always happy to help you have a good time with us and it is with great pleasure that we will welcome you again in our little paradise.