I run a small company specializing in wildlife photography. We have traveled to many different countries (Costa Rica several times) and stayed in many hotels, La Paloma is definitely among the best. The hotel is located on a bluff providing a spectacular view of the ocean and the rooms are beautiful, very comfortable and have terrific beds. The food is excellent and as good as any gourmet restaurant I've been to. Best of all, however, is the staff (especially Jose). They could not be more friendly, helpful and accommodating. Even the resident monkeys were cooperative and provided great photographic opportunities. La Paloma easily rivals hotels that cost two to three times the price. I highly recommend the mangrove tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay