We visited Laguna Lodge in May 2012 and found the hotel charming. The manager and staff were very friendly and helpful. The room had comfortable furnishings and great views. Although an avid carnivore, we still found the vegetarian food very tasty and never went hungry. The wine list has a number of very good wines. Many wines were very reasonably priced.
The hotel is remote with a three hour drive and then 20 minute boat ride from Guatemala City. It sits on 100 acres of natural preserve so it is a bit remote. Great if you want to get away and relax. Although you can hike the preserve, we elected to stay in the hotel as it rained every day.
My wife had a massage and was extremely impressed with the masseuse. There is a Jacuzzi and while comfortable, depending on your package, there may or may not be a charge to heat it up. The views are magnificent and we were able to enjoy a very quiet long weekend.
Of course, there were some problems. The wireless internet was available, but never worked for me. The pool was drained and cleaned during our stay. As there is no air conditioning, if the room is not comfortable you can open the large balcony windows to make the temperature pleasant, but doing so seems to invite all sorts of 6 and 8 legged visitors. It is a nature preserve so the bugs are expected, but they can be a nuisance.
Overall we were pleased with the facilities and enjoyed our stay. Thanks to the staff for taking great care to ensure we had a nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. Entry into this Mayan world begins by boat. In a privileged setting our luxuriously natural 5 star boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewn king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques. In the evenings our award winning Zotz restaurant is bathed in golden hues from a large stone fireplace and antique candelabras, a romantic ambiance for a fine dining experience. After the days tours and adventures enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and be pampered with a relaxing body treatment offered at our Hummingbird spa. Relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star studded night. The Mayan highlands are rich in culture and the lodge’s indigenous staff look forward to offering you a unique and memorable experience! - Utz Ipetik! Welcome! Come and explore, discover and experience with us and see why Time magazine says – Laguna Lodge is pure Maya magic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort And Nature Reserve
- Laguna Hotel Eco Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Guatemala/Santa Cruz La Laguna, Lake Atitlan