I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The decor was slightly dated.
We stayed in building 2 - only a short 2 minute walk the the main building.
The website says continental breakfast but it seemed like a full buffet breakfast to me. Eggs, sausage, burritos, French toast, hash browns, pastries, fruit cereal and the usual continental fare. Good quality food.
We picked up a straw hat at the gift shop - a bargain at $13, and they had nice souvenirs.
It was a little chilly 40-50F while we visited, so the fire in the Coronado bar was a welcome treat. We stopped by for drinks and dessert on our first night and dinner the second. The bartender even recognized and greeted us.
The service was good and I was surprised at how good the food was. I expected less after reading reviews. I had the chicken margherita and it was perfectly cooked - even the prochuitto was not overdone and easily cut into.
The one complaint I had (as did other reviewers) was the wireless connection. It was there and I think we connected but it was soooo slow. My husband wasn't upset with it - it was vacation after all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn, we're proud to be the finest property at The Grand Canyon in Tusayan, Arizona. Moments away from the South Rim entrance to Grand Canyon National Park, our property offers all the amenities you expect and deserve from a fine hotel. We are pleased to provide you with the ultimate Grand Canyon hotel experience. Allow us to anticipate your every need here at the South Rim, the heart of Grand Canyon's National Park. By day, let your senses come alive in the unique ecosystem of the Grand Canyon and the high desert of the Coconino Plateau. By night, come home to the genteel oasis of the Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn. Whether your trip to the canyon is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure or a much needed escape to nature, make us your first and only choice for lodging. Our warm, relaxed ambiance is the perfect end to a day in the magnificent American Southwest. With a variety of dining and entertainment choices on our expansive grounds, we're sure to please guests of all ages. Our array of guest services, magnificent art collection, fireside lounge and Family Fun Center will make us your favorite place to unwind. Our beautifully appointed rooms were designed with your complete comfort in mind. At our Grand Canyon hotel, you can experience an exquisite sunset, relax under the stars and wake up to a spectacular sunrise when lodging with us. The Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn offers an unexpected grandeur, uniquely suited to a Grand Canyon South Rim hotel. We promise you a remarkable, memorable experience at the Grand Canyon, one of the premier world heritage sites. Electric car chargers available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, HotelsClick, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Hotel Tusayan
- Best Western Tusayan
- Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn
- Tusayan Best Western
- Best Western Grand Canyon National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park Best Western