“Perfect hotel for your Grand Canyon trip!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn

Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Tusayan
Boston, MA
“Perfect hotel for your Grand Canyon trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The decor was slightly dated.

We stayed in building 2 - only a short 2 minute walk the the main building.

The website says continental breakfast but it seemed like a full buffet breakfast to me. Eggs, sausage, burritos, French toast, hash browns, pastries, fruit cereal and the usual continental fare. Good quality food.

We picked up a straw hat at the gift shop - a bargain at $13, and they had nice souvenirs.

It was a little chilly 40-50F while we visited, so the fire in the Coronado bar was a welcome treat. We stopped by for drinks and dessert on our first night and dinner the second. The bartender even recognized and greeted us.

The service was good and I was surprised at how good the food was. I expected less after reading reviews. I had the chicken margherita and it was perfectly cooked - even the prochuitto was not overdone and easily cut into.

The one complaint I had (as did other reviewers) was the wireless connection. It was there and I think we connected but it was soooo slow. My husband wasn't upset with it - it was vacation after all.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank maggs813
Mark N, Rooms Director at Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn! It is a pleasure to be of service to you. I apologize that our wireless internet service was not up to your standard. I hope that some day we will see you again. It's always a pleasure to hear of a guest having a great stay.

Regards,

Rooms Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kanata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed here overnight and everthing about the place exceeded my expectations. The decor in the public areas was very good and our room was great. Loved the old photos of early explorers and turn of century torists that were in the halls and in our room.The service in the main dining room in the evening was superb. Also the "continental " breakfast was far beyoond what we had expected. Would definately go back there again if I was in the area. The helecopter port for rides over the Canyon is less than 1/2 mile away. Also the Imax theatre.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Than you for your review about the Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we exceeded your expectations. I always like to hear of our guests having a wonderful time on vacation. We hope you will choose to stay with us again, should you venture this way in the future.

Sammamish, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Hotel is decent and service is decent. Breakfast is average. But no point in staying at this hotel, instead its better to stay at some RIM hotels which are at the edge of Canyon. If you want some town environment, you can choose to stay at Holiday Inn

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sudhie
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear your stay and service were satisfactory. We hope you will stay with us again, should you come to the Grand Canyon in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed in a standard room, which isn't in the main building. Luckily our building was right across the main building. Our room was a good size and looked nice, but I am still puzzled why this BW is considered 'premier'. Don't get me wrong it looked nice, but I don't see why this is more special than another BW. Maybe the deluxe rooms are nicer?? The bathroom, although a decent size, seemed rather small in comparison to the room. We had some difficulty figuring out the heater. It turned out that you have to adjust the remote and the buttons on the heater/ac itself.

The staff was friendly and we didn't have any problems checking in. They sell GC entrance passes, so it saved us some time buying it there.

The breakfast was okay. There were more choices than an avg complimentary breakfast buffet. I like the fact that there was fresh fruit including strawberries, but the rest of the food just tasted processed. Edible but not good. However, I did appreciate it and it is 'free'.

Location is great. Short drive to the GC entrance. Some restaurants etc around the hotel, but more expensive than normal. My tip is is to try to get gas and food before you enter Tusayan. Once you arrive everything is a LOT more expensive.If you arrive from Las Vegas the best place to get gas is at Kingman, but Williams is okay too. We read in reviews that food in Tusayan isn't really good , so we opted to stock up at Safeway (route 66) in Williams (salad, bread, fruit etc). The room has a microwave and fridge.This doesn't only save money, but also time. It was great to bring our own food and picknick in GC!!! Williams is actually a pretty interesting place to drive through and experience the old route 66 days.

This place is decent. If I return I might consider staying here again, but it would be nicer to stay in GC instead of near it. :)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark N, Rooms Director at Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn. I apologize that you experienced difficulty with the heating unit. I only wish we had know of this issue at the time of your stay. We are more than happy to assist our guests in any way possible. I will pass the pleasant comments to the staff. We pride ourselves on a friendly environment. I do hope you enjoyed your trip to the Grand Canyon, and hope that your stay with us further enhanced your trip.

Acworth, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

The room we were given (booked 3 months in advance) was on the far south side of the property. At best it was a Days Inn type room (I've stayed at those hotels only at a last resort). As for the breakfast they serve it reminded me of some of the food I had in the USAF years ago (it's not a job, it's an adventure). Unfortunately, if you're coming to the Grand Canyon area for the accommodations there really isn't any choices where you'll be thrilled to be.

Room Tip: Not sure - the choices are slim and none in the area.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chas57
Dear Guest,

I do apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your room. Although you booked in advanced, you were placed in the room you booked. I am also sorry that you did not find satisfaction with our breakfast. We usually have very positive feedback on our breakfast spread. There are numerous options on our breakfast buffet. We carry fresh fruits, cottage cheese, yogurt, sausage, eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy and much more. We hope that we may see you again some day if you should happen to travel this way. Thank you for choosing Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Sauire Inn.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

This is a real review. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed the stay. The hotel was pretty warm, given that there was inches of snow outside. The room, though a time warp from the 80s was very spacious and clean, as was the bathroom.Two comfortable queen beds, fridge and room safe with chairs and table. Food in the sports bar was basic burger fare but, following an Internet search the following night found the best place to eat locally was the hotel restraunt (Comoro?) -good wine list and interesting menu, not too expensive. They were very busy on a Thursday night so the staff were a bit rushed, but we were not in a hurry so that was fine

• Stayed February 2012
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

This hotel is in the main part of town. A few miles from the Grand Canyon south entrance. I paid $80 (includes tax) for one night.

There are several buildings, my room was not in the main building. I asked if I could switch rooms to be in the main building (it was cold and I didn't want to have to walk outside to get to breakfast, the dining restaurants, which are located in the main building). The staff was nice and accommodating and found me a room in the main building for the same price!

The room was very large and clean. The bathroom had a huge nice bathtub. The room also had a separate sink and well-lighted mirrored/make-up inlet (not sure what you call it). I found it useful. Temperature was fine. TV had normal channels. There was a fridge and microwave. The wireless Wifi was too slow for me to get anything more than email done. The room also had thin walls - you could hear people outside easily and they weren't always as quiet as they should be. Room service knocked on my door at 8:30am - that was not great. (If someone is staying one night, they should wait until you check out.) I got up and put the Do Not Disturb on the door and wasn't bothered again.

There was a really expensive restaurant and another sports bar restaurant - I had a decent fried dinner from the latter. A few healthier options at the sports bar would be nice.

Breakfast was in a large room on the 3rd floor. The buffet was very large, had great selection, both hot and cold items and was tasty.

There is a gift shop that sold me 4 double A batteries for $10 (includes tax). I know tourism is important, and I think some profit is good, but that felt wrong.

The decor of the hotel had a fun theme, and looked pretty fancy.

Check out was fast.

I'd prob. stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank E E
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that our wonderful staff accomodated your needs so well. We are here to please. I am also happy that you enjoyed your room in the main building. We do have a sink on the inside of the restroom and the outside of the restroom, for the guest's convenience. Thank you for the complimentary statements about breakfast. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn.

Rooms Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tusayan
9.5 km away
Bright Angel Lodge
Bright Angel Lodge
#1 of 1 in Grand Canyon National Park
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,355 reviews

Been to Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn? Share your experiences!