“Would travel again for 11hrs to Wickenburg just to go horseback riding again with Dave”

Cowboy Way Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the beauty of Arizona from horseback. Cowboy Way Adventures offers guided horseback trail rides in scenic Wickenburg and Prescott, Arizona. NEWS FLASH!! We have moved back to Wickenburg for the winter and are now offering Ranch Sorting! Hourly horseback rides, half and full day rides are available as well as overnight pack trips. We also do special events such as horseback weddings and parties. Give us a call and we will plan your next horseback trail riding adventure... the Cowboy Way!.
Seattle
3 attraction reviews
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Words cannot describe how amazing this trail ride was and how courteous and knowledgeable the guides were - but I'll try. My 8yo daughter and I visited Wickenburg to visit a friend and I thought it would be a great place for her to do her first trail ride (she had had English riding lessons). Cowboy Way Adventurers had good reviews so I opted for them. From the first phone call to the very end they were gentlemen and so incredibly kind. My daughter and I did a 3hr trail ride with Dave. He was very knowledgeable and extremely patient, kind and helpful in showing my daughter how to ride Western and teaching her all about horses (me too!). He showed her positive encouragement as he taught her how to go up and down hills. We had such a great time. Dave recommended a great burger place to eat at afterward (Screamers). We went back for another 3hr trail ride a few days later. We requested Dave again and he led us on a different trail to see different sights. They are true cowboys and I enjoyed every minute of it. It's a hospitality you don't see very often these days; you get the feeling they really enjoy what they do. Coming from a big city and having just gotten through crunch time at work with 10-11hr workdays for about three weeks, this was the PERFECT way to relax and slow down.

1 Thank Just1Life

Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic way to see natural Arizona!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This was no ordinary horseback ride into the desert. Our wrangler Dave matched the horse to the rider, made sure we were comfortable in the saddle, took time to talk about the flora and fauna of the desert, and threw in historical information about Wickenburg and the land we were riding on. We also got tidbits of information about each of the horses, and at the end of the ride he took some time to show my son some helpful riding tips. Cowboy Way Adventures exceeded our expectations for an afternoon on the trail.

New York City, New York
“Great trail ride.”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I am a greenhorn and this was a dream of a trail ride. The desert was beautiful, the guide informative and the horse was responsive even if I didn't really know what I was doing. I felt safe and the guide Chris made it a blast. My wife and son went earlier and also had a wonderful time.

Wickenburg, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Our ride was really fun and adventurous.”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

As we drove into the ranch I thought "this will be fun" I was so right. From the very beginning all the folks at Cowboy Way made us feel welcome and comfortable. They were only concerned that we were enjoying ourselves. When I needed help to get on my horse two of the wranglers were there to assist. Dave was our guide and he showed us such a lovely area and so many neat places. We rode up hills and down into washes and Dave gave a tutorial on plants and animals. He was very knowledgeable about the area. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our ride and time at Cowboy Way Adventures. It was GREAT!!!

Surprise, Arizona, United States
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I had the best time out on the ranch. This was my first time horseback riding and it exceeded my expectations. My guide Kris was extremely educated about the land, its history and the wildlife which made me feel alot more comfortable about riding for two hours on a horse. He made sure I knew how to teer an control my horse. I will definntly be going back soon for more riding lessons.