“It's ok, nothing special”

Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Kinda of a dated motel. It was ok, nothing remarkable. I did not see any brown water. Not too impressed with the motels in Williams but this one was decent.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Ksprenger111
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon

Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel a couple weeks ago and it was the worst expierence ever! The girl working there had her screaming child there and was on the phone with someone I am assuming was her boyfriend cause she was yelling and cussing at him. I waited at the front counter for at least 2 minutes while she sat on the phone. I finally get to get into my room and the room was clean however it was not worth the money I paid for it. The next day before I left my husband and I went down to the breakfast bar and we turned around and left it was gross! The girl in charge of the breakfast was rude and all she was worried about was talking to the front desk people, The counters were nasty and the table we were about to sit down at had dried something all over it it was NASTY. I went to the manager of the place and he was just as rude and didn't even care. I will never return here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank me m
Reviewed 24 September 2011

It was very clean and comfortable. Some reports said that the water was brown, which was not true. Unless these reports are very old, everything was great. We would go back again, since the area was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank traveler68774
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My family and I spent 2 nights here during a visit to the Grand Canyon. Our check in was smooth and Georgia at the desk was very nice and helpful. The rooms were quite comfortable and spacious however the thing that would make this even better would be small refrigerators even if they needed to raise the price a bit per night
The breakfast room was nicely maintained and the offerings were the usual fare. One thing that continues to baffle me in staying at this and other motels of the type is why they don't/can't start using biodegradable dishes and plasticware. People, it's available, not that expensive and healthier for us and the environment rather than all of the styrofoam being used. We also noticed the sign about the water being undrinkable - this should have been much more prominently posted, such as in each room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank melk100
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I must say that returning to Williams was not something I was looking forward to. But this hotel really surprised me. Service was good, room was big and price was fair.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Ralpholsen
Reviewed 26 August 2011

When I was a kid back in the 1970s, my family stayed in Williams, AZ during a Grand Canyon oriented vacation. One of the really notable things about that trip was the water in Williams. No matter how many times you flushed the toilet, it was always brown. The reason back then is the same as now--the water has a high manganese content and during the spring and summer the water runs brown. Thankfully, this time we stayed, the hotel (and city) owned up to this, and even went so far as to say: don't use bleach with your clothes if you are planning on using the guest laundry. They will stain permanently!

In any case . . . this was a very good place for our family to stay after we visited the Grand Canyon for a couple of days. The rooms were clean and bedbug free, the public areas were nice, and the kids liked swimming in the pool (where the water was NOT brown!). The comp breakfast was a little more limited when compared to some places we have stayed in the same price range--mainly cold cereals, yogurts, some fruit, and the do-it-yourself waffle machine, but it still filled us up and allowed us to hit Route 66 early so we could do some exploring. I have a feeling that there may be nicer and more interesting places to stay in Williams, but the hotel was not the reason why we went there. It was just a convenient stop and it filled the bill. No substantive complaints whatsoever!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2011

If you are planning to visit Williams, Arizona, be forewarned, they have a water problem. Checking in, the clerk was very nice. But when we got to our room we found brown water in our toilet, with some typed pages lying on the tank. They explained (as the clerk had failed to) that the towns' pipes are filled with 'Manganese' (aka dirt) and although you may safely wash with this water, they don't suggest you drink it. I believe the very least the front desk could have done was warn us that we can't drink the water and would need to go out and purchase drinking water.

The room was lovely, nice clean bedding, decent mattress. Coffee maker was available, but of course useless, until we purchased water. In the laundry room, the washers were taped shut with warnings that the 'manganese' and bleach react badly together, therefore no washers.

Breakfast was a full spread with 2 kinds of Waffle mix offered, eggs, sausage patties and yogurt. Nice breakfast room if a bit cramped.

We stayed here because we had tickets for the Grand Canyon Railway, so returned for a second night. At 9:30pm my husband tried to brush his teeth and came out to say that now there was 'NO Water'. No one answered at the front desk when we called. Before we could walk down to the front desk we met a young woman wrapped in a towel who told us, "they say the water won't be on for at least 2 hours". *When the water did come back on, the water was almost the color of coffee.

It's a nice hotel, but I wish we had been warned about the water problem.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple