“Very good Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed December 10, 2017

We have been here before so we took our friends there. They have upgraded the interior and looks very nice. As usual they give you chips and salsa before ordering. The drinks are great. The food arrived hot and was tasty. Great place for Mexican food.

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

Finally came here on a Friday night for dinner. Been putting it off because all of the other times we have driven by the parking lot was full, and we knew we were going to have to wait to be seated. Well, we hit it just right, waltzed in and we're seated immediately.
I have a pretty high bar for good Mex, and I judge a new restaurant by it's enchiladas. These were absolutely the best that I have ever had here in the USA. Huge servings, great green sauce, pretty much standard rice and beans.
My other half ordered Chile rellanos, and they were the largest we have seen in years. Perfectly breaded and filled.
Overall, this is now our go to place for Mex here. in Yuma.
Prices are very reasonable, and priced right for the area. Forget about any ambiance, just go for the food.

elcharro601, Owner at El Charro Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, your comments are very much valued. We are thrilled to see you enjoyed the food and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

When I travel, I go out of my way to find places like this. It's still family owned and the food is like you were invited for dinner at their place. I chose the dinner that included two rolled tacos and a traditional taco. The beans were really delicious and prepared unlike most refried beans you get in a Mexican restaurant. Really great salsa along with great service too! As hungry as I was, I couldn't finish their more than generous portion.

elcharro601, Manager at El Charro Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Thank you, Sid for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to see you enjoyed the food. Thank you again!

Reviewed November 1, 2017

Real dive, seated on a very cracked plastic banquet, not even duct tape. Came here for the Carta Blanca beer on the online menu, didn't have it. Received our meals on a rolled bus cart, very bland food, salsa looked like diced tomatoes w/ Chile's out of a can.

elcharro601, Owner at El Charro Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your visit. I would like to mention that we replaced all of our chairs in our dining room with new ones, two days ago. We have also have four types of salsas/hotsauces. They are all made fresh daily. We do have one that is made with petite diced tomatoes. It's been our recipe since 1949, and we have strived to not change any of recipes at the request of our loyal customers. We appreciate you taking the time out to leave your feedback.

Reviewed October 14, 2017

After all the good reviews I expected more than the same ol same ol. First the service was excellent, they wanted to make sure that everything was just right. The portions were huge but the food was not that good. We live in a small town in southern Arizona and there are three restaurants in our town that I would pick over this one.

Thank you, jprem295, for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are glad to hear you were provided good customer service and you enjoyed the large portions of food that we provide. I am sorry to hear you were not that impressed with our food. We strive to make all of our customers happy with their experience. We again appreciate your feedback, thank you.

Been to El Charro Cafe? Share your experiences!