“One of many places for Mexican food in Yuma”

La Fonda Tortilla Factory
Ranked #24 of 275 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 1, 2017

My husband and I are Yuma residents and decided to try La Fonda on a whim. we have actually eaten there a couple of times this past summer. The food is tasty and filling. Some stand outs are the cheese crisp, enchiladas and the soft grilled chicken tacos.
The downsides are the prices are somewhat high for the area and the service. If you go in the middle or the morning or afternoon, service is good, however, try to avoid noon, because it seems that the staff become overwhelmed when there are too many people (forgotten salad, empty tea glasses ignored, incorrect order).
I still recommend the restaurant, but time it so you can get the attention you deserve.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

This family owned Mexican restaurant offers a variety of delicious options in a pleasant atmosphere. Dining area is clean and colorful. Wait staff friendly, food very good and prices reasonable. Restaurant frequently by locals daily.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

Wasn't in on the decision to go here. I love Mexican food so I didn't protest, but I wasn't particularly optimistic. Place was almost empty (got there a little after 7) so that didn't instill confidence and there weren't any Mexicans eating there. Sorry, but that's always part of my decision making process when choosing a Mexican restaurant.

So, the food. . .it was ok. The salsa (my other critical element on which to judge Mexican food) was. . .ok. Pretty good flavor, a little odd taste but good, but too thin.

So, like I said, it was ok. It rated about where I expected--right in the middle. I think it's 13 of 35. I think I'll try the other 12 ahead of it before I return.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

we have been going here over 40 years,,,,,,,man things have changed..the burritos were very little and not worth the money and the taco was even worse,,it is hard believe they have got so high to eat there..we were very disappointed and will not go back....there are other better Mexican food restaurants in Yuma,,,especially for the money...

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

We love the lunch menu, the prices are great and the service is really fast. The food is always very good.

Been to La Fonda Tortilla Factory? Share your experiences!