Motel 6 Yuma - Oldtown
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Motel 6 is always good in that you know what you will get, perhaps some smell better then others or perhaps some have better looking carpet then others. But I think at the end of the day it is clean enough. Cleanliness is always subjective, but for me it just means a clean bed and clean bathroom. I had a comfortable sleep as well and it was handy to many places to eat, there is also a Wendy's that you can walk to very easily.

Room Tip: As usual ground floor is easier to access for the less mobile. I tend to feel safer having a room ne...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank shazam10

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Rooms are clean and typical Motel 6 - small, plain. Nothing fancy, but as they say, all rooms look the same when one is sleeping. Ample parking. Easy access to I-8 and restaurants. Arrived after midnight, and the night clerk was pleasant and efficient. Area seems reasonably safe. I've stayed here multiple times and have always received the same quality of room and service, which is why I returned this time. If you're a senior (60+), don't forget to ask for the senior discount. You can't book it online (although you can request it in the 'comments' field when you book), but it knocks 10% off your rate.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank step12dude
Reviewed 27 August 2011

This was a nice stay for us on our way to Mexico. We had a nice night, lots of places to eat right near and we had a tailgate breakfast in the morning, nice place over all.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Motel 6 you were always there for me when I threw in the towel and decided it just was not possible for me to make it from Austin to San Diego in one night driving solo. And for that I thank you.

Stayed: January 2006, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2009

I have been at this property over the years and i do have to admit it had a bad look and was runned down. I dont understand why people complain the way they do like the reviews i saw. You pay for what you get! it seems as if some people expect to pay $50.00 and they think there staying at the HYATT well dont be cheap and complain! pay $99.00 and you will get 100% but i know this facility is doing good now cause the rooms are clean and the property is 100% improved so they must have had a change in management! I reccomend people try it and they will realize how nice the pool area is and how close all the restaurants and everything is. The workers are always smileing and friendly! Thank you MOTEL 6!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2009

We had a mix up with an other res. checking out other motels in the area, Motel 6, had sign $49.00 single. HBO, Inter Net. I'm handycaped and can't climb stairs. taking them at there word we booked in. for $55.63 real great but I should know there was a catch. Upon entering the room we had a 20" TV, no stationary,
no TV guide (but than we only had 8 channels) So tryed to use internet, no luck. Checking the bathroom we find 2 face cloths, 1
hand towel, 1 bathtowel & a floormat. Shower was dirty (hair on floor) & toilet not flushed from last use. Upon going to the office my wife finds out that internet is only in some rooms on second floor. (no elevator only stairs & at a cost of $3.95 more). cont.
breki amounts to 10% off at a nere by I-Hop. Than when I tryed to take a shower no hot water. This can happen to any motel, but still nothing 12 hrs. later. No in room amenities at all, only a single plastic glass & 1/2 oz bar of soap. The only way this was better than sleeping in the car was the indoor toilet. NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank tom15154
Reviewed 2 October 2008

I ended up at this Motel 6 because of a reservation problem at another facility in the area, and it was late in the evening. I do not think I had ever stayed at a Motel 6 before, but the TV ads seemed promising. There was initially no one at the office, and I was starting to leave, but the woman who registered me was pleasant enough. The room was small, but who cares....I was only going to sleep. The bathroom reminded me of a gas station bathroom, but cleaner--the exception being the shower floor--don't know if was stained, or just dirty. The blanket on the bed had definitely seen better days! Clean, but just plain old worn out! The pillows were not particularly full, needed both just to support my head. Lots of cigarette butts outside of the non-smoking rooms! The room was just plain TACKY!!! I won't stay here again unless I am totally desperate!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business