“My new favorite hotel in Yuma!”

Wingate by Wyndham Yuma
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I just stayed at this hotel last night when I was in Yuma for work. It's a very nice, newer hotel (built in 2008) and more affordable than many of the other hotels in town, such as Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, and Holiday Inn Express.

The service I received at the front desk was top-notch. They were friendly, welcoming, and professional. My room was spacious and modern, with nice amenities such as Nutrogena toiletries and an outlet for my laptop on the desk lamp, which saved me from having to crawl around the floor to find a wall outlet. I noticed a nicely appointed fitness center and a billiards room on my way to the elevator.

When I got to my room, I was surprised to find a gift bag and typed thank you card, welcoming me to the hotel (I am a Wyndham Rewards member). The gift bag included a bottle of water, M&M's, and a bag of potato chips. It was a memorable touch that I very much appreciated.

They remembered to give me a wake-up call (always a plus!) and the bed was very comfortable.

The only reasons that I am giving this hotel 4 instead of 5 stars is the fact that the breakfast tables all had crumbs on them and there was a large wad of hair stuck to my shower curtain. None of those two things would keep me from staying here again, however. I really enjoyed this hotel overall.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank brezi
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Yuma

Reviewed 6 October 2011

We had the pleasure of a weekend trip to Yuma Wingate by Wyndham. The only issue we had here was the Wifi was not available due to a cable problem and was not a big deal breaker. The rooms are elegant and the beds are superb.Near to a lot of the entertainment and restaurants. They have a great breakfast that is included in your stay. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the north side away from the interstate. Even though very close the road traffic wa...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ASmithers
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Centrally located near a large shopping center and lots of food places. Great room. . .clean, comfy beds. . .reasonable price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Spent 10 days at the Wingate in February while on a golfing/baseball watching/Mexico & snowbird relative visiting holiday. Had never stayed at an upscale Wyndham property previously. The Wingate more than met my expectations and I found it compared favourably to the Hampton chain in the Hilton family. The front desk and hotel management staff I dealt with on numerous occasions were cordial, helpful and efficient.

For my interests, the Wingate was perfectly situated, close to freeway and main streets running into Yuma. I was able to access most things I wanted to do relatively quickly, though that could be said for all the hotels located in the area of the Wingate. The Wingate does not have a restaurant onsite, but two restaurants - a highly recommended diner and the Cracker Barrel chain are immediately located across the parking lot. As well, a two/three block walk takes you to the regional shopping centre with many restaurants, pubs, retail box stores and movie theatre complex.

The hotel definitely still had a 'new' feel to it and my room was well appointed, though no views to speak of. My room contained a small fridge and microwave which I used often over my 10 day stay. The housekeeping standards were excellent in the room, hallways and stairwells and the staff, who I got to somewhat know, were most enjoyable and accommodating. I went down to the outdoor pool/hot tub one afternoon, but not the greatest ambience, though I wasn't in Yuma for that type of holiday anyways! Used the fitness room a few times, not an excessive amount of equipment, but met my needs for sure. The equipment was new and clean.

The hot & cold item continental breakfast changed daily and eventually repeated itself after 4 or 5 days. Can't complain at all with the repeat since I was likely one of the few longer stay guests who went through the order twice! There was a full-time breakfast attendant who always kept the dining area clean and maintained a good supply of fresh meal items. They did well under sometimes trying circumstances, knowing how some folks can be before they have their morning coffee!

Things I'd suggest the Wingate consider - a few of the other area hotels provide a bit of a 'Happy Hour" with light snacks and limited alcohol (beer mainly, I believe) that would be a nice, thoughtful touch; the addition of a propane gas-fired BBQ or two in the pool area would be nice option for those guests staying longer or trying to get a reprieve from restaurant-bought meals.

Would I stay again, absolutely! In fact will be booking for a 10 day stay again in a couple months!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank FromTheKootenays
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The room and hotel were clean and nice. Two queen beds, micro frig, microwave, coffeemaker. Breakfast items were available in the mornings too. Small outside pool is available as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This hotel was an excellent value with absolutely excellent service. There was nothing lacking, and no complaints (okay, 1, the safe was broke, but they tried to fix it).

Room Tip: Near the hiway, but never heard it. Al lthe rooms seem pretty equal.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cubanito3
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Got stranded with car troubles. First night was in rat hole on the other side of town. Second night was here. 100% Staff, Room, Service What a great place!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple