“FANTASTIC FOOD ”
Review of The Orchard Inn

The Orchard Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Galhampton
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Description: The Orchard Inn is a privately owned free house in a lovely Somerset village serving good quality, home made produce and reasonable prices. You don't have to believe us - go to our web site to see the most recent menu and prices. We are able to offer smaller portions for the smaller appetite at lunchtime. Solo diners and well behaved dogs are also most welcome. Please give us a call if you have any questions.
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Returned again for a meal. The food was amazing and the staff wonderful. This is definitely the top of our restaurant list. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I came here for dinner with my dad, sister and fiancé on Saturday night. We were staying in the area and just looked into where was close so we didn't really know what to expect. When we arrived we were surprised that it was quite quiet on a Saturday night. But it worked in our favour as we were 20mins late and they were still able to sit us and didn't seem annoyed at all. We all had starters, mains and desserts because the menu just sounded so good we couldn't resist. I highly recommend the chef's special lamb dish. It was melt in the mouth delicious. In fact all the food we had was amazing and we will definitely be back next time we are in the area. I hope it picks up there and doesn't struggle to keep going. If you are in the area I highly recommend that you go! If you really like your food, you will not be disappointed!!!!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Very good quality homemade food, prompt service, friendly atmosphere, would visit again when in the area.
Thank you for accommodating my son's different needs with in our party of 4.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Saw this pub on our way to Dorset looked nice so stopped.
Excellent service, good choice beers, lovely food and real old pub feel.
Would recommend to all

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We have heard several good reports of the Orchard Inn recently so thought we should go along to try it for ourselves. Firstly, I like the idea of two size portions being offered on their lunch time menu. There is little worse than returning a plate having left a large part of the meal, especially when the food itself has been good, but just to much to eat. I chose their fish of the day (cod) and then was offered it either fried in their own beer batter or grilled (never been offered the choice before) I love fish and it was about the best fish and chips I have ever been offered, even compered with some of the best fish restaurants on the coast. The size portion was just about right and I still had room to enjoy one of their home made sweets. At £10.95 for the main and sweet, I consider this to be excellent value and we will certainly be going back again. My wife was equally impressed with her meal. The staff were friendly and very efficient, the meal even being served up by one of the owners. You will not beat this pub for service, food and value.