Chateau de Montreuil(Montreuil-sur-Mer)
US$255
  • Pool
Best Western Hotel Hermitage(Montreuil-sur-Mer)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$83
  • Restaurant
Les Hauts de Montreuil(Montreuil-sur-Mer)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Restaurant
Hotel LE VAUBAN(Montreuil-sur-Mer)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$93
Escal Hotel(Etaples)
US$55
US$95
Les Jardins D'Ulysse(Le Touquet – Paris-Plage)
US$108
US$105
Hotel Residence Hippotel(Le Touquet – Paris-Plage)
US$97
Auberge de la Renaissance(Cucq)(Great Value!)
US$41
All reviewstroutrabbitjean marcwine list isopposite the churchcentury buildinglovely villagesuperb foodrural franceless than an hourexcellent hostshome madean overnight staytarte au pommesimpsoncheesecellar
Reviewed September 23, 2017

M. and Mme. Six are consummate hoteliers. Their warm welcome envelopes you as soon as you arrive. We have been staying there for nearly 25 years, sometimes for a short break and at other times as an overnight stopping point on our way into, and returning from, France. There is nothing better than to wake up with the prospect of the whole of France before you after a perfect breakfast!
The menus for lunch and dinner display the best of local produce. The meats fall off the bone and there are wonderful fresh trout from the river at the bottom of the garden. All the plats are presented most attractively. The wine list, as befits a former sommelier, is a model of its type. Terrific values there.
In autumn and winter you might find a casserole simmering on the original stove in reception beside the ancient "zinc" counter. Very atmospheric.
The bedrooms and bathrooms are clean, comfortable and simple.
No wonder that it was favoured as a hideaway by the Prince of Wales and Mrs Simpson. Elizabeth David liked it too, even before the present owners took over.
It is difficult to improve on simple perfection but l'Auberge manages to do so.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John F
Reviewed July 31, 2017

We ate in this auberge three years ago, when me and my girlfriend were staying near the inn. So when we came back from our holiday in France last weekend and were looking for an overnight stay, the auberge came up our minds. We booked a dinner and a room.

The dinner was great again, though in my memory it was less than three years ago. And the prices are (comparing to my standards) somewhat high. The room was simple, but ok (compared to the dinner, the price of the room was very reasonable) . It was all clean. The shower isn't really practical, since you have to shower lying in bath. What is always a thing when you're in France is the size of the beds.... French people in general aren't that tall. Dutch people are the tallest people in the world.... Where in Holland I am with my 1,88m (6'2) quite standard, in France I am huge and have difficulty fitting in the bed.... And because the inn is situated next to a road, you can hear and see (lights) the cars going by at night. Luckily there is not much traffic at night.

The auberge is a great place to have an overnight stay during a trip. Dinner is great and a room is very affordable. The inn is really traditional decorated and feels really cosy. You feel like staying in a French living room from 50 years ago (which is positive).
I think we would choose another hotel next time, since it's our second time here and we would like to have a new experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

Really pretty small restaurant with outside terrace. The owner was very hospitable and helpful. We really enjoyed the food, particularly the fresh trout from the River Course which runs along opposite the restaurant. The restaurant was dog friendly with our two medium sized dogs, who just sat under the table, not squashed in at all. Would definitely go again if in the area, and we walked to the lovely village of Buessent after our meal, along the River. Really enjoyable

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pam077
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Establishments such as Auberge d'inxent are increasingly hard to find. A small family run B&B with a divine resturant attached for delicious French home cooking at its best. You can feel the owners kindness the minute you arrive. They are friendly, attentive and assist with any request including helping us find a vet for our dog. OK the rooms are not brimming with mod cons, but we wanted the rural France feel not that of a Holiday Inn. If you want a glimpse of a loving home, superb food, extensive wine list, and all convenient for travelling to the Euro tunnel this is a must.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kay H
Reviewed March 22, 2017

We were quite excited to eat at this restaurant as the reviews were SO good. I emailed to ask if there was a free room on the required date. The reply was " Yes, we have a room with a bath" I assumed it was the ONLY room, so, although I would have preferred a shower, accepted.
The room( No 1)was small, but pretty, and very clean, The standard size dbl bed was surprisingly comfortable, and we slept well.
The bathroom was large and airy, but had a VERY deep old fashioned bath which was difficult to get in and out of, especially as the floor tiles were slippery. There was a hose attachment, but no wall fixture, We could have put up with this had there been no alternative , but we found out much later , we were the ONLY guests staying. We would happily have paid more for a room with a shower.
However, we came to eat...
The dining room was nice, Msr Six was nice, the food was nice... Sorry, I can not get any more enthusiastic than that.
We chose the 29E menu as it had a scallop starter.
Our 1 scallop was swimming around in a lot of liquid, and a little over done.
My husband's Troute Meuniere was ok. My veal was tasty , but rather dry and overcooked.
My husband enjoyed his Tarte au pomme. My Ihe Flottante was not the best I have ever had but the meringue was heavy & spongy.
Maybe it was our bad luck to come on a Monday, but while the food was " acceptable" it was in no way exciting or innovative,
Would I return...sadly not.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple