“Wont stay here again”
Review of Stonegate Lodge

Stonegate Lodge
Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed 13 June 2011

WiFi is a falsehood. Breakfast comes from dollar general, (HoneyBuns)! Checkout 10Am and they will call to ge you out at 1005. Beware of this place

Room Tip: Stay some where else
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MarcosB44532
anemone400, Manager at Stonegate Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Wi-Fi works fine the whole hotel. We have Continental breakfast: buns, rolls, small cakes and toast with coffee or tea. We have no restaurant here, this is the hotel. Check in time is after 3 PM and Check out time is after 10.00 AM. The complainers are always looking for problems and they are born unhappy.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

Upon reviewing hotels online in the Eureka Springs area, I made the poor choice of my husband & I staying here. While calling to ask about the cleanliness of the property, the owner (who didn't proclaim to be at the time) said he would give me an even rate of $100.00 for the 2 nights we would be staying. I reserved the room w/ my debit card & upon arrival was charged $12O.OO. Meanwhile, the marqee outside stated that for 2 nights it was $32.99 per night......hmmmmm, you do the math. The owner was very argumentitive about the rates & was charging me wether we stayed there or not.
Not only did he charge my debit card (that I did not authorize him to do) but he also charged my credit card...... and the charges were 2 weeks apart! When trying to straighten this out over the phone, the owners (husband & wife) both started yelling at me. Now, nearly 6 months later, I am still fighting for my $120.00 bucks back! I've been patient to no avail with these ppl. Oh, and the rooms are tacky to say the least.

Room Tip: Not at this motel, Stonegate Inn
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank crazykidcalledk
anemone400, Manager at Stonegate Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2011

This review has written 6 months later, when the customer was here. They have been charged, what they supposed to pay. Hotel has no free rooms.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

me and my husband came down on are anniv/ vac we got the honeymoon sutie and we both loved it very nice room for the money .im so glad we got the room we did . nice big bed and we would stay again the couple that run this place is great love the pool and the spa thank you tim and gaylene bernard..from claremore, oklahoma our room number was 208

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2010

We wanted to stay one more night in Eureka. Looking for a deal. Found it in this nice little place. Easy access. Our room had a King,Fridge,Micro. Had a leaking tub faucet=shut the door. And the tub could be cleaner. Like the earlier post said. Call them before you book on one of the travel sites. We got a little cheaper deal by showing up. They do have a pool but it's November so that wasn't really a concern. Next to that is a communal hot tub and BBQ grill, but we didn't have time to check these out either. Will def. stay again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2010

The management was kind and very helpful and polite. The rooms were great for the price. We were in for a funeral. I love the brick walls in between each room. I had a adjoining room with my mother and brother and we had everything we needed. I think there are much more fancier hotels around, but you cant beat the Management the cleanliness and the Price. My family lives in Eureka we have stayed in many and I say Great Room and we will be back. Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Franki...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Thankful for the reasonable price as it was a last minute expense but our stay was very nice. We were given 2 adjoining rooms and one had refrigerator and microwave in it.
we had fresh coffee at any time in the office. Sheets were fresh and bathrooms clean.
They also helped with some sight seeing while we were here in an off season and some places to go and eat. were very friendly. If we go back will probably call them first.
Carolyn Cecil

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2010

We got a room with two queen size beds. First thing I noticed is that there was no fridge or microwave. Room was clean, checked beds first thing and we found no evidence of bed bugs or anything else. We left very early the next morning (before dawn) and there were no lights at all. No light showing where the exit was, no light on the stairway (had to hold my two year old's hand tight so we didn't fall) and no light in the stairwell at all (good thing nobody was there to mug us or something!). We paid about $60 bucks for the night. Also, barely got a signal with the "high speed internet".

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
anemone400, General Manager at Stonegate Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2010

First every room has no micro+ fridge, if you need them, you can ask, when you check in. Wi-Fi is working fine, depends on your computer. Lightning on the stairs are going off automaticly on certain hours of the night, but exit lights are working and safety lights are working, so you should not have any problems to check out on the early mornings.