“tucked away”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Enchanted Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Enchanted Cottages
San Antonio
“tucked away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

Arkansas has the strange distinction of being the center of the universe for indoor Jacuzzi tubs. So when looking for a place to stay in eccentric, delightful Eureka Springs, that was one of the things I looked for. What I decided on was Enchanted Cottages, in which the hot tub turned out to be the least exciting thing about it. Our cottage was tucked back in the hill above Eureka Springs' main street; a short hike up and down some stairs, but close enough for wandering over to bars and restaurants and shops. The cabins are cozy, comfortable and isolated. A place out of an Ozark fairy tale, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: There are variously sized cabins, so make sure you're getting one that fits your group.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank B R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hope, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

My husband and I have stayed in the Enchanted Cottages 3 times : our engagement, our wedding, and our 2nd anniversary. The cottages are decorated so wonderfully and we always feel at home. We have been on several trips and Barbara always remembers us and is very accomidating. The cottages are so unique and comfortable and we really enjoy the hot tub in the woods. We will be going back for many years to come!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

This place is a little piece of heaven on earth. Absolutely beautiful scenery and the cottage is meticulously maintained and clean. I cannot imagine how anyone could not rate the experience as golden.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

We Came to eureka springs for a quiet relaxing vacation! We stayed at the birdsong cottage and absolutly loved it. Barbara the owner was very helpful and accomadiating. We loved the place and can not wait to come back. If u are looking for a romantic quiet vacation the is the place to stay!!

• Stayed April 2011
Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

First I want to say that this little cottage really is charming but is need of serious TLC and a good cleaning and Barbara was very nice. I was really wanting to give it a 5* rating as my husband and I have been staying in Eureka Springs for 14 years now and have never had a bad experience. I took my mother and sister over for 4 days of "girl" time, they had never been to Eureka Springs.
The photos on the website are very deceiving, this cabin was FILTHY! The curtains over the bed were the nastiest things I have ever seen, they were so dirty they were grey and stiff. The bedding appeared clean but smelled really bad. Not fresh at all!

The shower was absolutely horrible, the shower head had NOT been replaced as stated in the review and it was terribly painful and uncomfortable!

The smoke alarm in the bedroom had no battery and the one in the living room didn't work!
The area where the hot tub is located is very dark, no outside lights at all. Water in the tub was also dirty!

The TV is old and outdated with a VCR! There was a radio in the bedroom with a clothes hanger for an antena.

Now for the worst part and the most upsetting.......When I spoke to Barbara regarding how may people this cottage occupied I was told 4 people, I was told it had a king size bed with a full size pull out sofa bed in the living room. This cottage is absolutely not for 4 people. When we pulled out The "full size sofa bed" is actually a folding kids couch about 4 foot wide by 4 feet long on the floor. Really Barbara???

So my sister and I slept on two small cushion on THE FLOOR! Let me say again.....This is NOT a bed!!!!!! This cottage does NOT sleep 4 adults unless you all want to sleep in the king bed together.

This cottage really does have a lot of charm but it is not well kept and is not clean. I understand now why I was asked to send cashiers check or money order. If I had paid with a credit card I would have asked for a refund and stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
enchantedcottages, Owner at Enchanted Cottages, responded to this review, 26 March 2011
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to this review...it's Spring Break here and very busy. I do apologize to this party for any misunderstanding.....this cottage is not set up for 4 adults, and I do not recommend it for 4 adults, (in any case, I was told this reservation was for a party of 3). The fold out bed is a double size that I would recommend for either 2 children or one adult...since I was told there would be 3 adults in this party, I assumed that 2 would be in the king bed and just one in the double fold out. I'm especially sorry that during this party's 4 night stay, I was not called once about any of the problems mentioned in this review! There was so much I could have done if only I had known how uncomfortable they were...i.e. I would have been more than happy to bring in another bed, let them use the bed in the cottage next door, moved them to another cottage, given them a refund and helped them find another place. Also this cottage did have a thorough cleaning, but if something was missed or just not good enough, I would have sent the housekeeper in or come in myself to resolve whatever was wrong, if only I had been called! I do sincerely apologize for the shower head not being replaced, (I truly thought it had been, but my husband just plain forgot...we are both in our 60's plus we lived through the 60's so our memory/brain cells just aren't what they used to be!)...it would have taken him 15 minutes to replace it if only we had been called! Any and all of the complaints in this review could have so easily been resolved....I really can't understand that if it was really so bad, why someone would stay for 4 nights and not call once....my sincere goal is to make sure my guests are happy, and any or all of these issues could easily been resolved, if only I had been called!
Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

We saw the fantastic reviews for the Birdsong of Enchanted Cottages so we thought it was a fairly safe and romantic sounding get away. When we pulled up to the Birdsong cottage, I almost broke down crying. It was dreary and creepy looking, the other cottages are VERY close. It is down a very small dirt road with old ran down trailer houses and trash all around. The inside was nice enough, but it was dirty. There was major dust in all of the corners of the floor, cobwebs in the closets and corners, dust and dirt in all of the coffee cups hanging up, all the floors were generally dirty where you could feel stuff sticking to your feet. The rugs in the bathroom and bedroom were dirty and looked like they needed to be washed. The bottom of the shower was dirty. The shower head was messed up and acted like it was clogged and it hurt to attempt to wash your face/back (any sensitive area) under it and there was not enough water pressure to get all the soap off of your body, much less wash your hair. The kitchen counters were small tiles and the grout was filthy. Outside was very woodsy, which was nice. The hot tub is right up against the house and there was no lightening really ON the hot tub.

However with all of these cons, a few pros: the bed was very comfortable and the owners were very accommodating and kind.

I highly doubt we will return to the Birdsong cottage in the future and it was not worth the money that we spent.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sareece
enchantedcottages, Owner at Enchanted Cottages, responded to this review, 1 March 2011
Thank you for your creative criticism.....we do apologize for any inconveniences.....we have done a complete "Spring Cleaning" as well as replaced the shower head....we would like to offer you a credit for the future so you too can become one of our cherished "Trip Advisor Rave Reviewers". (FYI...our neighbor does have permission from our city Historic District commission to park her Airstream RV next to her home while she restores and remodels her home, but we do appreciate your concern.) A Sincere Thank You, Barbara
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

We had reservations to stay for one night. Just a quick getaway. My husband's work plans changed at the last minute and Barbara was very gracious to work with us and allow us to come one day earlier than planned. Once we arrived the cottage was charming and meticulously clean. It was an easy walk to main street and enjoyed a nice glass of wine at the Stone House. We definitely recommend Enchanted Cottages!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple