“Bath house is historic and great value”

Palace Hotel & Bath House Spa
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed 16 February 2012

There are many places to go in Eureka Springs for a spa experience, but why not go to one of the most historic? For $100 a person, you can get "the Works", a mineral bath, eucalyptus steam in an old fashioned steam compartment, and an hour massage and clay mask. It is totally relaxing and the massage therapists at our last visit provided some of the best massages we have ever had. They have "the works" for couples, which is what we did. Original tile floors, bath tubs - it's great!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cwaddle

Reviewed 11 January 2012

WE stayed here in 2003, it was wonderful, I was taken back by all the setails of this Hotel. The staff was great and the spa was AMAZING! If I could afford it I would come back

Room Tip: the front room on the top floor had a great view of the street, people were walking everywhere it wa...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2011

My husband and I have stayed here several times over the past 9 years. It is a very small historical hotel with a spa in the basement. The staff here are always very friendly and helpful and will go out of their way to try and assist you.

Rooms - Our favorite suite is #5, as it is located on the 2nd floor, closer to the back and seems to be more quiet and private. We have stayed in the majority of the rooms but this seems to be our favorite but pretty much any room on the 2nd floor is great. The first floor rooms are a little cheaper and are quite spacious but foot traffic can be heard at night. The rooms have antique decor and include a mini fridge with a small bottle of champagne and cheese plate. Continental breakfast is also included with your room and will be delivered to you at your request. All of the rooms we have stayed in have a HUGE jacuzzi tub. We love the decor and relaxing atmosphere.

Spa - I would recommend having "The Works" package as it includes a mineral bath in an old claw-foot tub, steam cabinet treatment, mud mask and 30 minute massage. I LOVE having all of these treatments and you finish feeling extremely relaxed.

Location - this hotel is at one end of the strip but is very close to Ermelios restaurant. You can still walk downtown (and we do) but it can be a bit of a hike if it is extremely cold and you want to walk to the other end. The location is still excellent yet very private.

We try to stay here about once a year on our anniversary and the staff are always amazing to work with. I would definitely recommend it for couples as it is a very relaxing, laid-back and romantic atmosphere.

Room Tip: We prefer suite #5 as it is upstairs and near the back - seems to be more private.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I stayed here in a King Jacuzzi room and my expectations were exceeded! Many historic hotels are not very big and nice inside, but the Palace was perfect! The room was very authentic and luxurious, and I loved the little Christmas decorations added for the season. The Jacuzzi tub was HUGE and perfect after a cold evening downtown. The complimentary breakfast was better than expected! Don't expect it to arrive soon after you call - everything is fresh prepared and you can tell that the fruit was freshly cut. The front desk was more than friendly (in Eureka fashion) and very helpful. We had a great view, and the location is just a short walk away from downtown. The fridge is also stocked with complimentary cheese and crackers, and various sodas/water. Note: Although there is a kitchenette with sink and fridge/freezer, there was not a microwave in our room. For a classic, historic, experience without compromising in quality, I recommend the Palace Hotel.

Room Tip: On the lower level you could hear guests upstairs walking around. It's to be expected in an old...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My best friend and I had The Works done with 30 minute massages, which included a mineral bath, steam cabinet and clay mask as well...it was amazing! I could've spent the whole time just relaxing in the enormous clawfoot tub. The steam cabinet felt spectacular, I don't think I've ever been so toasty. The mask left my skin feeling amazing and even for a short massage Tina left me feeling pampered and royal. Everything felt very Victorian, very relaxing and incredibly refreshing. It's probably the best price I've seen in Eureka for the services they offer. Go for it, you'll be glad!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ContessaPaloma
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Whole experience was awesome. Room was beautiful and well decorated. Bed was comfortable and room was sparkling clean. Staff was great.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 2 October 2011

The Spa was great. We did the Works package, with half hour massages. Next time we will get the hour massage. Attentive, and friendly employees made us feel safe and secure. The steam cabinet is quite unique. Best massage I have ever had!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple