“Completely Amazingly Awesomeness!!!”

Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Salado, Texas
“Completely Amazingly Awesomeness!!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

There is absolutely no other property in my memory or future return plans where I will lay my head, relax my senses, soak and soothe my tensions away as I experience, discover, and immerse myself and those I love in the captivating and quintessential icon of any stay in Eureka Springs Arkansas; the heart and the beauty of my favorite destination Palace home!!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Titia A

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Kentucky
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The Palace is a charming, old-fashioned hotel with a very kind and attentive staff. Breakfast is delivered to your room each morning (and is included in your room rate). The rooms are decorated in an old school manner - our room had red carpet, dark wallpaper, and antique-y-looking furnishings. The bath was arranged a bit odd, but I think this is common for old, remodeled hotels. Our king bed was extremely comfortable. (My wife said it was the most comfortable she'd slept in, aside from ours at home.) Parking, as it is everywhere in Eureka Springs, is a bit challenging. The reserved parking spots for the Palace are down a long and winding outdoor staircase. Luckily, there are some rest stops/landings to catch your breath. We also chose to have a couples spa treatment - mineral bath, eucalyptus steam, clay mask, and massage. The atmosphere is, again, very old school - the steam was in an old-fashioned steam cabinet. The treatments were very relaxing and the massage therapist attentive and kind.

We highly recommend the Palace for a weekend getaway or an anniversary!

Room Tip: Only eight rooms to choose from - we took a suite which had lots of space, a somewhat odd bathroom a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RustyKentucky
Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My girlfriend and I needed a break from our three daughters and decided to stay a night in Eureka Springs. Other Hotels might be larger and more famous, but we thought The Palace looked like a good place and tried it out. We couldn't be more happy. The only room available was a small suite which was nothing close to small. Our only complaint might be the thin walls and location of our room. Opening the blinds means that passersby have a full close up view of the inside of suite 2. Even that lent to the harm of the Hotel though.

The staff is excellent. Everyone we met was kind and helpful. Their kindness didn't seem false either. The room was wonderful, and we both had a great night's sleep. While the Jacuzzi tub was great, the best place for a bath is downstairs in the Bath House.

We had the "works" package with a mineral bath in a giant claw-foot tub, a eucalyptus steam bath in wooden barrels, and an hour long massage. The Bath House alone was worth the trip.

We look forward to making this a regular getaway destination.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dustin H
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 February 2012

There are many places to go in Eureka Springs for a spa experience, but why not go to one of the most historic? For $100 a person, you can get "the Works", a mineral bath, eucalyptus steam in an old fashioned steam compartment, and an hour massage and clay mask. It is totally relaxing and the massage therapists at our last visit provided some of the best massages we have ever had. They have "the works" for couples, which is what we did. Original tile floors, bath tubs - it's great!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cwaddle
Reviewed 11 January 2012

WE stayed here in 2003, it was wonderful, I was taken back by all the setails of this Hotel. The staff was great and the spa was AMAZING! If I could afford it I would come back

Room Tip: the front room on the top floor had a great view of the street, people were walking everywhere it wa...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2011

My husband and I have stayed here several times over the past 9 years. It is a very small historical hotel with a spa in the basement. The staff here are always very friendly and helpful and will go out of their way to try and assist you.

Rooms - Our favorite suite is #5, as it is located on the 2nd floor, closer to the back and seems to be more quiet and private. We have stayed in the majority of the rooms but this seems to be our favorite but pretty much any room on the 2nd floor is great. The first floor rooms are a little cheaper and are quite spacious but foot traffic can be heard at night. The rooms have antique decor and include a mini fridge with a small bottle of champagne and cheese plate. Continental breakfast is also included with your room and will be delivered to you at your request. All of the rooms we have stayed in have a HUGE jacuzzi tub. We love the decor and relaxing atmosphere.

Spa - I would recommend having "The Works" package as it includes a mineral bath in an old claw-foot tub, steam cabinet treatment, mud mask and 30 minute massage. I LOVE having all of these treatments and you finish feeling extremely relaxed.

Location - this hotel is at one end of the strip but is very close to Ermelios restaurant. You can still walk downtown (and we do) but it can be a bit of a hike if it is extremely cold and you want to walk to the other end. The location is still excellent yet very private.

We try to stay here about once a year on our anniversary and the staff are always amazing to work with. I would definitely recommend it for couples as it is a very relaxing, laid-back and romantic atmosphere.

Room Tip: We prefer suite #5 as it is upstairs and near the back - seems to be more private.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I stayed here in a King Jacuzzi room and my expectations were exceeded! Many historic hotels are not very big and nice inside, but the Palace was perfect! The room was very authentic and luxurious, and I loved the little Christmas decorations added for the season. The Jacuzzi tub was HUGE and perfect after a cold evening downtown. The complimentary breakfast was better than expected! Don't expect it to arrive soon after you call - everything is fresh prepared and you can tell that the fruit was freshly cut. The front desk was more than friendly (in Eureka fashion) and very helpful. We had a great view, and the location is just a short walk away from downtown. The fridge is also stocked with complimentary cheese and crackers, and various sodas/water. Note: Although there is a kitchenette with sink and fridge/freezer, there was not a microwave in our room. For a classic, historic, experience without compromising in quality, I recommend the Palace Hotel.

Room Tip: On the lower level you could hear guests upstairs walking around. It's to be expected in an old...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple