“Nice -kept secret”

Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Memphis, Tennessee
“Nice -kept secret”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Very glad we "stumbled" on this one. Reasonably priced and very friendly management. Rooms were clean and accommodating. When looking at reviews while in room I couldn't believe those negative reviews came from this same place as everything was great. I recommend this one to anyone coming to Eureka Springs. We needed a place like this as we came to do a multi - sport event and didn't need any problems. We would stay here again. Thanks Howard Johnson and manager.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My Dad and I went to Eureka Springs to attend a sports event weekend called " the Eurekan". We didn't plan the event well (us crazy men) and drove the 5.5 hours to Eureka Springs without a plan or a hotel. We stopped by the Howard Johnson because it was next door to the lot where we would start a 100 mile bike ride, and we thought we could lose the worry of finding a parking space at the event (and sleep later). The owner of the hotel was super accommodating the whole weekend. He continued to check up on us, offered lots of suggestions regarding eateries, etc. And handled my Dad's quirkiness ( which drives most crazy) very well. I actually felt like he cared we were there. It was great.

Outside of the refreshing owner/ manager, the hotel was clean, conveniently located and had a nice pool area and hot tub. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We booked a room for two nights here on PriceLine, thinking that a name-brand hotel would at least be OK. Wrong.
The rooms have a moldy smell and are dark and cave-like. I'm guessing the place was built in the 60's or 70's and never remodeled. We took one look and told the manager we were not staying. That's when things got ugly.
We asked for our money back, and the manager said, "No, you will have to deal with PriceLine". I called PriceLine from the parking lot, and they were no help at all. Basically, PriceLine just said, "We will try to get the hotel to be reasonable and refund your money." I could have told them that wasn't going to work, and sure enough it didn't. So, we didn't stay, but our credit card was charged for two nights. Unbelieveable.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Eureka Springs hotels

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 4 July 2011

It's good for a place to sleep and that's about it.
Checking in I thought it was weird that the manager ran my card and I paid for the night upfront instead of when I checked out.
We had to get pool towels at the front desk and they seem made for a kid. Besides that we enjoyed the pool and hot tub after a long day of walking.
The room and bathroom were clean.
Didn't get to try the free breakfast, because we had our eye on the local bakery.
I been in worst and been in better. Like said before, it's good place just to sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mel211
Batesville, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Do NOT stay here! When we asked if we could just sit by the pool and read for a while the desk clerk (who later said he was the general manager) yelled at us saying the pool was not open until 11am. You can tell someone politely that it is not possible; you do not have to yell. When we went to use the hairdryer in the morning, it would not stay on. I reluctantly called the front desk he tried to tell me I wasn't working it correctly, that it was a problem w/ the breaker and finally agreed to look at it. We waited 30 minutes then gave up and left w/ wet hair, leaving a note that said "hairdryer will not stay on, please fix. Thanks.” When we returned at about 6 hrs later the room had not been cleaned and hairdryer still not fixed or replaced. I went to the front desk to ask if the room would be cleaned. Clerk/manager, Arun N Patel said it was policy that it would be cleaned by 6pm. I asked about the hair dryer, again excuses. I asked if there was anyone else that worked at the desk. He puffed up and said why do you ask. I asked if he was the manager, he said yes I asked to speak to the general manager, He said he was I asked him if he would honor the statement printed in the rooms stating he will give a discount if we are not satisfied w/ the service. He again started yelling and arguing w/ me. I asked he twice to speak to me in a clam voice. I again asked if he would honor his statement. He said NO, you can write a review. So, here I am. You never yell at customers! Arun N Patel was very rude and unprofessional.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank goodserviceplease115
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 October 2010

This is our second trip to Eureka Springs and the owner remembered our names from our last stay over a year ago. Our every need was catered to extra pillows, outstanding customer service hwy 62 to passion play road and we are in the heart of Eureka Springs.
Continential breakfast where else can you get a wonderful room, breakfast and great service for under $80.00/ night? No where that's why you should stay here.
Love the fact quiet is enforced in this town. Best sleep my mother and I had was right here all year long.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Pos--Great location-right by Pine Mountain Jamboree and Passion Play Road. Very clean--were deep cleaning a/c and carpets while there. Reasonable--compared to others--price entry point very competitive.

Only Neg--owner a little difficult--especially if needing qualified reward points transferred.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family